• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Stace

First Class Debutant
Was a great game and to get so close with effectively 10 men was a great effort. Hopefully Wood will come in for Jordan and Billings gets another chance, I would have gone with Taylor at the start of the series but as they gave Billings a go he deserves at least the first 3 matches.

If you got to take a close defeat like that it hurts less when its against NZ.

JediNudist

U19 Debutant
Hi guys only got the first 2hr. I had another bet with myself we would reply with 400 and got close with 390 odd :D

tell me this , why does Macca insist on bowling his front line seamers out ? and finishing off the overs yet again with Elliot , Santer and McCullum ? Lucky we got the D/L otherwise they probably would have chased this down with the offfies to hit

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Because there's no point bowling Elliott/Santner/NcCullum from overs 40-45 and leaving Southee/Boult with three-an-over to defend in the last five. That and it looks a bit silly if they end up chasing it down in 48 overs with one wicket left, while Southee and Boult have an over each left.

There came a point where Baz would have known that if the game went the distance, NZ were losing. So he tried to bowl them out to make sure it didn't go the distance.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It didn't help that we dropped 3 catches in the slips and one on the boundary. Southee was particularly unlucky.

Rain ruined what was set up for a great finish.

I wonder how Santner is today. Had a day of two extremes. NMac and Santner are slowly becomming a concern. I like an economical spinner who is handy with the bat at 8.

NMac does not look as effective in the last two battingpaloozas as he did for years prior to the World Cup.

Corey is sorely missed by all at 6. So critical to the team balance.

Have to say - my favourite player McClenaghan did come back strongly in his later spells to his economy rate down to a more respectable 6.7

I don't like McCleanghan at all but credit where it is due. He did get that economy rate back to something more respectable when a ton seemed on the cards given the last match and 16 runs in his first over.

Last edited:
...Santner's played two games in which almost everyone got carted.

And those are his first two games of his career.

I want to see him perform well - I like the kid and want him to display talent, not have his confidence smashed at the start of his career so that he takes a few years to get it back.

This is a baptism of fire for the poor lad.

Antihippy

International Debutant
I feel like that's how it's going to be for ODI cricket from now on though. Not like there are many bowlers who aren't getting carted.

Unless you're australia. :cool:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Enjoyed the game yesterday but am glad to have this thread to remind me what happened

Arguably the biggest sporting injustice of all time just ftr

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I know you're joking but it was a pretty unsatisfactory end IMO.

I reckon New Zealand would have won in any event but it was such a stupid way to finish the game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Where does Stokes bat for Durham in 50 over cricket?

I don't trust Billings (I'm skeptical of players who only have a good record in one form of the game) and I still think Taylor should be in and around the squad.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Where does Stokes bat for Durham in 50 over cricket?

I don't trust Billings (I'm skeptical of players who only have a good record in one form of the game) and I still think Taylor should be in and around the squad.
agree, I haven't seen that much of billings personally, but I know that Taylor scores runs quickly and is one of the most aggressive runners I have seen and puts pressure on the opposition by this..

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ian Bell's batting.

Furball carping on about Ian Bell.

Pothas and Cabinet carping on about Furball carping on about Ian Bell.