• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2015

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty prestigious club the 199ers, Matthew Elliot is a big name to be next to.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Steve Waugh got one in the West Indies back in 1998/99 as well. Also out leg before, albeit to Nehemiah Perry's off breaks.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Smith's taken the piss with his form in the last 18 months, averaging 86 since the start of 2014, 7 tons in 12 Tests and he's still quite a bit short of matching Bradman's career.
Remember when that guy made a post about TPC along the lines of "Don't worry, he'll come good. Even Bradman started poorly in his first two Tests" and got laughed out of the building by people who thought Smitteh was Chris Schofield 2.0?*

Yeah, well he's the one laughing now
#TPCBestSinceBradman

*I don't either; I saw it in someone's sig once.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Are the West Indies getting the boxing day test? :-O
Well they have the best new ball bowler and an opening partnership that can grind out 13 overs to see off the new ball for chasing down small targets, so why not?

Flem274*

123/5
Nah he's boring. I can see why he'd be aesthetically pleasing to a lot of people but I'd much rather see a technically weird but interesting batsman than watch a textbook bat with a checklist all day.

Stokes, Buttler, Ali, Root when he's set are all much more fun to watch for me.
yup. perfection is dull. give me the character of root, ross or smith any day.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Glenn Maxwell could do more than Watson or S Marsh as a batsman alone. We need to get him in the test side. Not even joking.

Faulkner too if he can improve his bowling.

Warner
Watson/Marsh
Smith
Clarke
Voges
Maxwell
Nevill
Faulkner
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

When Johnson & Haddin retire/dropped

Spikey

The difficultness of this pitch for batting is undermentioned. It's not necessarily a mine field but there's plenty of seam movement available for the seamers. Best smith knock imo better than the WACA one
Loved the ball to Haddin. Dat late seam movement

Antihippy

International Debutant
Rather have a proper strike bowler rather than Faulkner. Would also prefer Faulkner over Maxwell. Don't think they can be in the same team unless Maxwell somehow turns into a 45+ batsman and Faulkner a 25-28 average bowler.

TheJediBrah

Rather have a proper strike bowler rather than Faulkner. Would also prefer Faulkner over Maxwell. Don't think they can be in the same team unless Maxwell somehow turns into a 45+ batsman and Faulkner a 25-28 average bowler.
I can see both happening. Maxwell is already a 40+ batsman if given an extended opportunity.

Gnske

Steve Waugh got one in the West Indies back in 1998/99 as well. Also out leg before, albeit to Nehemiah Perry's off breaks.
Don't ruin a great name like Elliott by placing next to him some grumpy nobody who always kills the mood at the family reunions every year.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Don't ruin a great name like Elliott by placing next to him some grumpy nobody who always kills the mood at the family reunions every year.
Father: What's up with you, Mark?
MWaugh: I was just up to the gold coast for a dive with Kim, and she then dragged me for some horse riding.
Father: That's bloody awesome, and what about you, Steve?
SWaugh: Five of the kids at the orphanage were diagnosed with lead poisoning because of Maggi last week.
<Awkward silence>
Mother: That's nice, sweety.