• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Meridio

International Regular
What I can't work out is why the commentators are so effusive in praise of the groundsmen and the pitches they're producing, when during the World Cup there was so much hand-wringing about it being no contest between bat and ball.

Meridio

International Regular
Can't remember exactly how D/L works, but am I correct in saying the number of wickets lost affects the revised total? Or is that only when calculating the par total?

Harrier

Cricket Spectator
Not New Zealand's fault at all and no one could argue they didn't deserve to win, but England and cricket in general were just utterly robbed of what could have been one of the most exciting and epic finishes of all time. :( England deserved the chance to try and cricket deserved the spectacle. 34 off 13 was a joke.

The one consolation is that Jordon is probably out of the rest of the series.

Not New Zealand's fault at all and no one could argue they didn't deserve to win, but England and cricket in general were just utterly robbed of what could have been one of the most exciting and epic finishes of all time. :( England deserved the chance to try and cricket deserved the spectacle.

Not just England fans. I as a New Zealand fan feel like that was a hollow victory, also robbed of a great climax due to the rain interruption disruption and to a lesser extent Duckworth Lewis given the wickets.

The rain stopped that game possibly being talked about as one of the better matches of all time.

BeeGee

International Captain
What I can't work out is why the commentators are so effusive in praise of the groundsmen and the pitches they're producing, when during the World Cup there was so much hand-wringing about it being no contest between bat and ball.
Because England were losing in the WC, but are winning here.

Not New Zealand's fault at all and no one could argue they didn't deserve to win, but England and cricket in general were just utterly robbed of what could have been one of the most exciting and epic finishes of all time. :( England deserved the chance to try and cricket deserved the spectacle.

Not just England fans. I as a New Zealand fan feel like that was a hollow victory, also robbed of a great finish due to the rain interruption disruption for the batsmen and to a slightly less extent Duckworth Lewis given the wickets in NMAc's final over.

The rain stopped that game possibly being talked about as one of the better matches of all time.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Yeah the wickets have an effect on the new set total. If England were 0 down they wouldn't have needed that farcical amount.

For the more mathematically minded members do we think the lack of statistical data in being 350 when chasing 400 (and seemingly cruising) effected the rather ridiculous figure?

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah the wickets have an effect on the new set total. If England were 0 down they wouldn't have needed that farcical amount.

For the more mathematically minded members do we think the lack of statistical data in being 350 when chasing 400 (and seemingly cruising) effected the rather ridiculous figure?
I'd guess so. Think the challenge for things like D/L is that the norm is constantly changing.

BeeGee

International Captain
I'd guess so. Think the challenge for things like D/L is that the norm is constantly changing.
They do adjust D/L, but I doubt the bureaucracy can keep up with people "earning the right" and "expressing themselves" all over the place.

Last edited:

Burner

International Regular
Had this much runs been scored in the sub-continent there would have been heads rolling and people protesting in the streets about how flat pitches have brought about the death of the game we all so love.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Had this much runs been scored in the sub-continent there would have been heads rolling and people protesting in the streets about how flat pitches have brought about the death of the game we all so love.
Yeah agreed. TBF there was enough protesting about it in the WC.