• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Skyliner

International 12th Man
England have tried on the aggression hat and found that it fits quite nicely. What if aggression sweeps the globe to the point where Baz wakes up one day and finds he's considered just one more aggressive player in a sea of aggressive cricketers. Possibly his worst nightmare.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
And if the ball is in the right place and the field is set, then sure. But you can't just rely on one big shot when you need 8-10 an over.
9 times out of 10 if the big shot isn't on if you're using your feet you can still drive it past the bowler for a piss easy single to long off/long on while taking no risks.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Well this is terrific from Morgan. England have actually kept up with the RR here.

Bring back Boult and Southee now, and hope those edges carry/stick.

England have tried on the aggression hat and found that it fits quite nicely. What if aggression sweeps the globe to the point where Baz wakes up one day and finds he's considered just one more aggressive player in a sea of aggressive cricketers. Possibly his worst nightmare.
He will then lead the passive aggresive cricketing movement.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah but that ain't enough.
If you're annoying the spinner by driving him then he drops back. At which point you go back and smash him square.

When it comes to chasing 7/8 an over it's as much down to minimising dots and running really aggressively to pressure the field and get as many 2s and 3s as possible.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Every McClenaghan interview he describes his own bowling as aggressive, two times minimum. He even said he bowled a heavy ball and his fast pace was a point of difference!
I can imagine Baz standing within earshot, tears of pride in his eyes at every mention of the word aggression. "Thats my boy".

Shortodds

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Still think NZ would be better off with a rookie pacer like Wheeler than Satner. I know its easy to sacrifice some batting iwth hindsight, but still, swing and seam are our strengths so why not lay them on thick?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pity. We were almost favourites before that dismissal.

EDIT
I'd forgotten about Billings - was expecting to see Rashid.

Last edited:
Still think NZ would be better off with a rookie pacer like Wheeler than Satner. I know its easy to sacrifice some batting iwth hindsight, but still, swing and seam are our strengths so why not lay them on thick?
Well if it aint swinging... and there is no nibble with the used ball...