• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Harrier

Cricket Spectator
9/6/15 - England 202/6 after 30 overs. Made 408.
12/6/15 - England 202/4 after 27 overs. Only need 399.

It was a good try, New Zealand. It was a good try.

Niall

International Coach
That is absolute dire from Taylor that drop, he was also responsible for putting down chances on Tuesday which came back to haunt them. At least he didn't try and laugh off this time though.:laugh:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Buttler's still batting too low down IMO. He's come in both games at the right time overs wise but he's got to be batting no lower than 5.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Buttler's still batting too low down IMO. He's come in both games at the right time overs wise but he's got to be batting no lower than 5.
I think batting him in the middle order is fine but you then have to have people down at 6 or 7 who aren't necessarily very good there. I guess there's an argument Morgan can bat 6.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Ross has got his run outs under control, and then his catching woes resurface. It's like wack-a-mole. If he gets those 2 outliers under control, maybe his pedestrian scoring rate will come back.

Spark

Global Moderator
Going down the pitch and bopping a spinner straight is much less risk than groping out in front and trying to force it over the leg side.
And if the ball is in the right place and the field is set, then sure. But you can't just rely on one big shot when you need 8-10 an over.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think batting him in the middle order is fine but you then have to have people down at 6 or 7 who aren't necessarily very good there. I guess there's an argument Morgan can bat 6.
Guys as good as Buttler need overs to get in before going big. England got away with it the last game but in the World Cup he was coming in too low down to have any influence on the game's result, and he just about had enough wickets in hand to win the last game. I'd be much more comfortable if he had a bit more insurance in terms of batsmen underneath him, and ODI cricket is about creating and seizing momentum so you need to give your best batsman time to actually shape an innings instead of reacting to a dire situation when you're 4 or 5 down.