• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2015

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How did Smith look? Looks like he was either struggling or very wisely playing out the day from that strike rate.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
How did Smith look? Looks like he was either struggling or very wisely playing out the day from that strike rate.
Far from the sublime form he showed against India...played and missed quite a few...Later he took a conscious decision to play defensively against pacers (maybe to play out the day, but more likely because he realised the pitch is a minefield). But he has been largely busy against Bishoo - used his feet to try to send the ball to gaps (often unsuccessfully), and tried to unsettle him a bit (not as much as Clarke did though).

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
did marsh get out playing that ****ing cut shot he plays to milk runs to third man?
Not exactly a cut - but he tried to steer the ball to third man between slip and gully perhaps (that's how it appeared to me), ball took the edge of the bat

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
No. The ball accidentally hit the bat and went straight to the fielder
One of the great replies.

Only watched the first session (in and out of napping) but the pitch looks a nightmare, would hate to be batting on it. Can't get a read on the pace and can't trust the bounce, worst combo (other than C Ambrose+inch wide cracks).

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Was looking forward to Smith and Clarke batting during my day off tomorrow. WI had to get a wicket and spoil that. Be interesting to see if the pitch is the same or worse.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Ugh just watching the extended highlights, why aren't the helmet extensions that cover the back of the neck compulsory? Taylor was hit in the helmet by Johnson literally centimetres away from where The Prince was struck ffs.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
As far as I can tell none do. Think they're crazy not to tbh, I get that what happened was a freak accident and not likely to happen again for generations but I got them for my helmet and after a few net sessions I didn't notice them at all, so I don't understand why you wouldn't.

Antihippy

International Debutant
I think our position is pretty decentish, especially seeing that I expect our tail to actually do more damage than the West Indian tail. It's a nice luxury to have mitchell johnson and starc as your tailenders.

Gnske

As far as I can tell none do. Think they're crazy not to tbh, I get that what happened was a freak accident and not likely to happen again for generations but I got them for my helmet and after a few net sessions I didn't notice them at all, so I don't understand why you wouldn't.
Pretty sure the new models come with a bonus grill to stop Broad-like incidents happening too.

Surprised they haven't been ordered enmasse

duffer

Just realised there are 39 million people in the Caribbean. They should be putting out a better team.

wallacer

Cricket Spectator
It's 39 million if you include the whole Caribbean (Cuba, Puerto Rico etc.)
But not every country in the Caribbean plays cricket. If you exclude the places where they don't play cricket very much or at all (Cuba, Puerto Rico, Haiti etc) then the actual population pool of potential cricket players is probably significantly less than Australia.