• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

King Pietersen

International Captain
Yea, it doesn't matter if he bowls with a bent arm, so long as he doesn't straighten it more than 15 degrees right? He could bowl with a bent arm throughout the whole delivery and it would be legal, iirc
Yep. Williamson was proven to chuck under testing, but putting up a still image of a bent arm proves absolutely nothing, loads of guys have bent arms but are within the tolerances.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
TBF to Nasser the stills clearly showed the change of action, even if it didn't prove that he previously chucked.

Not commenting on Ali's innings. My AWPOR machine has also broken so now I'm just assuming the required rain rate will be achieved

****ing england :@

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep. Williamson was proven to chuck under testing, but putting up a still image of a bent arm proves absolutely nothing, loads of guys have bent arms but are within the tolerances.
I agree with the basic point, but there's a difference between bowling with a bent arm and a naturally bent arm. The latter makes it impossible for him to straighten it beyond a certain point, but for someone who has a normal arm with no existing defects, a bent-arm action does raise alarms.

Still stupid to draw any conclusion from a photograph though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
He keeps out all the other dreadful spinners in England.
Last time I mentioned Rashid, I was told that he genuinely wasn't as good a bowler or batsman as Moeen. I'm really struggling to believe that on either count.

Riggins

International Captain
TBF to Nasser the stills clearly showed the change of action, even if it didn't prove that he previously chucked.
Yeah it's not like he got a protractor out and was trying to measure the change, he was just commenting on the visible difference. I thought it was fine and somewhat interesting.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
how good was that slow mo of Jos getting his hand smashed in. Perfect image of the kookaburra bat