• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Only people who slaughter him for that are Australian commentators like Warne. And theyd only do it to mess with his head heading into the ashes.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I have not seen a ball today. Rather than trawling through the thread, what was the opinion in here and of the commentators about when to declare?
In here?

Pretty split between, too generous, too cautious and spot on.

I think most of the blokes saying it was too generous weren't really aware of the likelihood of rain.

Niall

International Coach
Philander is a **** tbf. Does ***** little send offs to batsmen, never bowls when the going is tough, apes Dhoni in interviews where he manages to give as little credit to the opposition as possible and is an unfit fat ****.
Well console yourself with the fact he was crucial in South Africa losing the world cup semi final and if India are on their game could get smashed when they visit for 4 tests later this year.:laugh:

Last edited:
Well console yourself with the fact he was crucial in South Africa losing the world cup final and if India are on their game could get smashed when they visit for 4 tests later this year.:laugh:
South Africa does not do World Cup finals. They get the choke on earlier.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I have not seen a ball today. Rather than trawling through the thread, what was the opinion in here and of the commentators about when to declare?
Don't think that people thought that the whole day was going to be washed out from that point onwards. Holding thought it was a tad late on the telecast, but from the (small) amount that I watched, certainly wasn't outrage.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think that people thought that the whole day was going to be washed out from that point onwards. Holding thought it was a tad late on the telecast, but from the (small) amount that I watched, certainly wasn't outrage.
I have n idea about the forecast for tomorrow but NZ have given themselves plenty of time. If not much time is lost then they still have to be massive favourites from here, right?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The forecast for tomorrow has improved a bit. If the weather is as forecast they should get close to a full day's play, especially given how late the sun stays out in England at this time of year.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Say there is rain for at least a bit, there can be around 70-75 overs. If New Zealand go very aggressive, which they would, they can pull it off. I will back a draw though. It's England in home conditions.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The forecast for tomorrow has improved a bit. If the weather is as forecast they should get close to a full day's play, especially given how late the sun stays out in England at this time of year.
Can't go past 7pm though, or 7.30 if we have rain today. Whereas the light would probably allow another hour or two at this time of year

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, fair cop. There's no defense for a straight-out character assassination on a perfectly good poster such as Mike5181.

It's the old adage; attack the post. not the poster. As Flem said, you're normally better than that.
Not sure what were you talking about here tbh. As if besmirching someone with tinfoil hats and hinting that they're not of sound mind repeatedly for almost two years didn't attack the poster in the first place.

Anyway, if the likes of you, Mike5181, JediNudist and CaptainGrumpy really are considered "perfectly good" fair dinkum Kiwi tucker on the posting front these days, it's time for me to give this forum a miss. I didn't think there was for a long while, but there are actually better options out there now.

Not sure what were you talking about here tbh. As if besmirching someone with tinfoil hats and hinting that they're not of sound mind repeatedly for almost two years didn't attack the poster in the first place.

Anyway, if the likes of you, Mike5181, JediNudist and CaptainGrumpy really are considered "perfectly good" fair dinkum Kiwi tucker on the posting front these days, it's time for me to give this forum a miss. I didn't think there was for a long while, but there are actually better options out there now.
Who is this ignorant brute besmirching my excellent and informative posting who himself cannot even differentiate between the lexicon of the Antipodean nations?

Kippax, my posts are erudite. You are more than free to take your whining diatribe to another forum before you destroy the objective integrity of this fine and learned forum with your character assassinations and your personal low brow quips. Ad hominem inpersonam has no place here and personally I do not like the cut of your jib.

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
Say there is rain for at least a bit, there can be around 70-75 overs. If New Zealand go very aggressive, which they would, they can pull it off. I will back a draw though. It's England in home conditions.
No rain today, I think. wouldn't be surprised to actually see 98 overs in the day.