• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Athlai

Not Terrible
The new mobile version of the site? Interesting.

Can't get usercp

I think the game is 50 50 and if England eclipse the lead for the loss of Lyth and balance , both of whom didn't seem ready for the challenge, then they are well placed to press for a win.
Nz must get England 4 down before the scores are level to have a decent chance at victory.

We could be set up here for a classic test match.

Other thoughts

Cook played well but also was streaky at times. And bell was lucky southee didn't get a full over at him straight into his inning.
It's not 50 50 at all.

65 35 at best. Still a good match possible but to say England are even at this moment is a disservice both to NZ's dominance and to England if they do manage to come back.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It's still flat as, great for batting. England bowled well yesterday even if most of them struggled to string 3 consistently good deliveries in a row. Cook and Bell looked fairly comfortable at the end so they should pile on tomorrow barring atmospheric-hooping-conditions.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah agree with Athlai this is not an evenly poised game at all.........would much rather be in NZ's position. But a very good first session for England could swing it back to even for sure.

Didn't watch much of yesterdays play but I can't imagine a Lords wicket being too tricky batting last for NZ.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not 50 50 at all.

65 35 at best. Still a good match possible but to say England are even at this moment is a disservice both to NZ's dominance and to England if they do manage to come back.
Old habits die hard, Cane is probably still scarred from the days where we'd go from $1.20 favourites to $10 outsider in the third innings.

If England are two down at lunch, then you're probably talking parity if not slight favouritism. Parity at 3 down, you'd say.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Disappointing that we let England off the hook, especially given how many of our dismissals were gifts (Taylor and Anderson both strangled, McCullum batting like a maniac).

Still leading the game though. Hopefully the cloud cover stays low and we can tuck into the middle order quickly. Wouldn't feel totally confident chasing anything above 150.
Taylor's dismissal was a good ball following an excellent extended spell from Broad. Didn't see Anderson's. McCullum gonna McCullum.

Hooksey

Banned
The new mobile version of the site? Interesting.

Can't get usercp

I think the game is 50 50 and if England eclipse the lead for the loss of Lyth and balance , both of whom didn't seem ready for the challenge, then they are well placed to press for a win.
Nz must get England 4 down before the scores are level to have a decent chance at victory.

We could be set up here for a classic test match.

Other thoughts

Cook played well but also was streaky at times. And bell was lucky southee didn't get a full over at him straight into his inning.
Nothing like 50/50. NZ well placed.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Today's first two sessions will decide how the game goes. If England can dig in and erase the deficit then NZ will feel the pressure. However if NZ can make early inroads into the English batting then NZ will feel like they're on top. Compulsory watching that's for sure.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Its 50 50 as from 70 for 2 having only lost the weakest of their batsman - england should, according to my inbuilt "wasp" like brain, make 300 maybe even 350.

England trailed by 134 so that would leave the Kiwis chasing 220 ish which is game on.

I realise this is all pure speculation by me - but making any odds predictions from this far out is pure speculation. That is what we are all doing.

My betting money says that England score 300-350 setting up an epic final day.

I have not factored weather time outs into any of my odds making.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hurricane, something worth considering is that Lords rarely deteriorates at all. It's usually as good for batting on Day 5 as it is on Day 3. This is what makes NZ clear favourites for mine.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hurricane, something worth considering is that Lords really deteriorates at all. It's usually as good for batting on Day 5 as it is on Day 3. This is what makes NZ clear favourites for mine.
OK. Well that is something I hadn't factored in. News out of the blackcaps camp was that they were expecting it to take significant spin late in the game. Even if it stays flat 4th innings chases over 150ish are tricky. Nonetheless thanks for your post.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor's dismissal was a good ball following an excellent extended spell from Broad. Didn't see Anderson's. McCullum gonna McCullum.
All leg side strangle deliveries are poor balls that are justified because they took a wicket. Nonetheless Taylor was gotten out by the bowling attack rather than him making a batsman's error which I feel is the general thrust of your post. Taylor got more and more unsettled by each peach that he faced and finally played the delivery at his hip in an unsettled fashion (sorry for using the word twice but it is apt) manner and he was out.

As a batsman that represents 95% of my dismissals - you will very rarely get me out by bowling me a peach, but you can get me out by taking the confidence in my footwork away and the conviction in my shot selections if you can keep me under pressure for long enough. England deserved his wicket and they wore out Kane as well.
Terrific performance by the English bowlers.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Also what was Mark Craig's inning all about. He looked completely overcome by nerves and the occasion. Tim Southee completely out batted him. And that is meant to sound as it sounds.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Its 50 50 as from 70 for 2 having only lost the weakest of their batsman - england should, according to my inbuilt "wasp" like brain, make 300 maybe even 350.

England trailed by 134 so that would leave the Kiwis chasing 220 ish which is game on.

I realise this is all pure speculation by me - but making any odds predictions from this far out is pure speculation. That is what we are all doing.

My betting money says that England score 300-350 setting up an epic final day.

I have not factored weather time outs into any of my odds making.
If the ball nips around as much as it did yesterday then I don't think England will get near 300. 250 tops.