• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, feeling like a bit of an idiot for having Ballance ahead of Taylor now. Got other things right though, so am okay with it.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Looking forward to going to Lord's tomorrow, really, really hoping it doesn't rain too much, although it will probably help England in the game.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
After the rain today, has the start time been brought forward for tomorrow?

They never bring start times forward in England. There's no point seeing as it's still light at 9pm this time of year. And it means people don't have to rearrange transport to get there to see the first ball.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Fairly even day's cricket I thought. While England may feel they could have done a lot more damage after the rain break given the bowling conditions and the number of plays and misses, a lead of 134 is reasonable given that NZ were 303 for 2 yesterday. Wood and Stokes improved noticeably.

NZ have the lead and the early inroads, but I get the feeling they'll made to work for the victory if it happens. I thought Cook was playing very well and exercising sound judgement outside off stump (especially against Boult) and is looking hard to dislodge. Still, Southee and co showed much more patience than they did in the first innings where they were trying a bit too hard for the magic ball, so that's a good sign.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Bit disappointed to see them only 2 down. England still in this.
Definitely still in it, but I'm more disappointed we only scored 523 from 403-3 rather than them only being 2 down. Kane and Baz had pretty much weathered that impressive second ball stint from Broad in particular, and a lead of 200+ should've been where we were looking. Thank the good lord for BJ (again) that it ended up being as much as it was.

I don't think we'll feel completely comfortable chasing 200+, all it'd take is a swinging day and a couple going early...60 whatever it was didn't happen too long ago.

Raffski

School Boy/Girl Captain
Was a seriously impressive innings from Williamson- very skillful, given how different it was on both days. The best since Crowe?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Not as dominant a day as it could have been but I don't think we gave it away. Good to get rid of the troll batsmen in Ballance and Lyth. Gonna be tough going tomorrow to get through the real batsmen.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing that we let England off the hook, especially given how many of our dismissals were gifts (Taylor and Anderson both strangled, McCullum batting like a maniac).

Still leading the game though. Hopefully the cloud cover stays low and we can tuck into the middle order quickly. Wouldn't feel totally confident chasing anything above 150.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The new mobile version of the site? Interesting.

Can't get usercp

I think the game is 50 50 and if England eclipse the lead for the loss of Lyth and balance , both of whom didn't seem ready for the challenge, then they are well placed to press for a win.
Nz must get England 4 down before the scores are level to have a decent chance at victory.

We could be set up here for a classic test match.

Other thoughts

Cook played well but also was streaky at times. And bell was lucky southee didn't get a full over at him straight into his inning.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Was a seriously impressive innings from Williamson- very skillful, given how different it was on both days. The best since Crowe?
Was skillful until he reached his hundred. Started flashing at things after Cook finally cut off his milking shot through third man. His pull shot for four was gun, though.