• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
It was doing plenty this morning. .
Indeed Kane's 12 runs he has added since getting his century and more importantly - sticking around while Brendon scored a quick 40 may prove to be very important. Would have been easy for him to switch off.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is. Look up not down as always at this ground.
Indeed. New Zealand's best strategy may be to blaze to 500 and get a few later today whilst the cloud's still overhead. Having said that I don't know what the forecast is like on the last two days and its almost a given these days that England's top 4 will do sweet FA.

England need to have a big look at the new ball, both batting and bowling with it. We're getting hammered in that battle time and time again.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah I kept talking over top of Spark by accident or saying the obvious. Tried to shut up more as time went on. The lack of being in the same room makes it impossible to use non-verbal cues to know who wants to say something next.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Kane is trying to get through to lunch as he figures it will flatten out then. At least that is what I presume he is doing.
The new ball is definitely still a factor. Williamson's been hit in the box twice by ones that have jagged hugely off the seam. It's now 20 overs old. Expect them to be sedate for about 10 overs after lunch and then put to hammer down on England.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I kept talking over top of Spark by accident or saying the obvious. Tried to shut up more as time went on. The lack of being in the same room makes it impossible to use non-verbal cues to know who wants to say something next.
Loved this commentary in particular

Spark "And Anderson is remonstrating with the Umpire over that LBW review being turned down. I am not sure what the umpire can do about it"
Flem "Of course Anderson is going to have a whinge."

LOL

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Would be good to have Howe in tbh. Where's Smudge?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Indeed. New Zealand's best strategy may be to blaze to 500 and get a few later today whilst the cloud's still overhead. Having said that I don't know what the forecast is like on the last two days and its almost a given these days that England's top 4 will do sweet FA.

England need to have a big look at the new ball, both batting and bowling with it. We're getting hammered in that battle time and time again.
Blaze it 420

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rahane will end up fading away in test cricket over the next couple of years or so. Don't see what the fuss is about tbh. He's ridiculously over rated on here. Everyone always raves on about what a great player he is, I just think he's nothing more than a solid player at best who finds ways to get out.

Ordinary.
One of the reasons why most people rate him is because he's so entertaining to watch tbh. And 'solid' isn't what I'd describe him as at all. He's very streaky and gets out in weird ways. I'd love him to be a 50+ avg bat but see him more like VVS who won't have the numbers of a great but will deliver some amazing knocks.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of the reasons why most people rate him is because he's so entertaining to watch tbh. And 'solid' isn't what I'd describe him as at all. He's very streaky and gets out in weird ways. I'd love him to be a 50+ avg bat but see him more like VVS who won't have the numbers of a great but will deliver some amazing knocks.
I think he'll end up more Carl Hooper than VVS tbh.

Laxman. Used to love watching him bat. Gun.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think he'll end up more Carl Hooper than VVS tbh.

Laxman. Used to love watching him bat. Gun.
If he doesn't do complete justice to his talent then he'll end up having a career like Mark Waugh.

Otherwise, he'll be better and for a substantial period he'll be known as the best batsman in the world.