• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

BeeGee

International Captain
Very gratifying partnership, this. There were big question marks over these two batsmen coming into this game. Williamson with no cricket and Taylor in terrible form. If NZ are going to perform well in this series a lot rests on their shoulders as our two best batsmen. So far so good.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Very gratifying partnership, this. There were big question marks over these two batsmen coming into this game. Williamson with no cricket and Taylor in terrible form. If NZ are going to perform well in this series a lot rests on their shoulders as our two best batsmen. So far so good.
Yeah, and the added benefit that they're getting time out in the middle. Williamson despite Tom Moody's sabotaging seems to have been doing just fine.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Looks like its gone all Lords roady road. Aside from one hour yesterday it looks a fabulous pitch to bat on. And will probably not change a bit for the rest of the game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I apologise for my posting yesterday, the cricketing gods have punished me by sticking Warne and Botham in the box when I get in from work.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like its gone all Lords roady road. Aside from one hour yesterday it looks a fabulous pitch to bat on. And will probably not change a bit for the rest of the game.
I suspect it will look different when the NZ attack have the new ball with a three-figure lead behind them.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Williamson's average keeps improving. Reminds me a bit of English guys like Cook and Bel back in 11 when they started having a a couple of gun years after a while of mediocrity.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
In a funny way, Furball's post yesterday along the lines of "what carnage we would have seen if England wasn't up against the world's best bowling attack" actually makes a point. But for that brilliant first hour, who knows what sort of score NZ would be up against.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In a funny way, Furball's post yesterday along the lines of "what carnage we would have seen if England wasn't up against the world's best bowling attack" actually makes a point. But for that brilliant first hour, who knows what sort of score NZ would be up against.
I'm glad someone recognises my insight :ph34r:

Fully agree with Spark's Starc retort to my above comment, I've criticised him for that previously.

Meridio

International Regular
Excellent day. Kaneh is so nice to watch. Taylor's had a few periods where he's looked a bit laboured, but is playing well enough. Would love it if these two can bring us level, to then allow McCullum and Anderson to really pile on the runs.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stokes must be the slowest 90mph bowler there is.
Jordan.

Only saw an hour today but Wood looked really in that little session. Nasser talking about the balance of our side there and asking if we have picked our best bowlers, but who else actually is there?