• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Through 42 overs, we've bowled 6 maidens. Not good enough. Really poor pitch maps indicative of two guys who have been playing short form cricket (or not playing as the case will be).

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
There was actually the tiniest bit of pressure built. Craig bowled a tight over, Boult bowled one that didn't concede a boundary and Craig grabs one out of nowhere it would seem. WAG.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
There was actually the tiniest bit of pressure built. Craig bowled a tight over, Boult bowled one that didn't concede a boundary and Craig grabs one out of nowhere it would seem. WAG.
Good nut. Also great knock, helped appreciably by us bowling 2 or 3 lengths and 2 lines to a guy previously out of form. I thought we bowled okay to Root early on and he was good enough, but the constant wicket-taking tripe to Stokes was poor. And to be fair, he was immense through the leg side and some of the short stuff he put away brutally.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would say pretty good temperament and attitude but looking ****ing terrible quite often with some fantastic shots as well.
He rode his luck by going hard at the ball, but there weren't really any bad shots. Think everyone would be fawning over it if a batsman with a better reputation had played it.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I would say pretty good temperament and attitude but looking ****ing terrible quite often with some fantastic shots as well.
Little bit unkind, he never looked out of control to me. Pretty fair knock coming in at 30-4 against a swinging ball and not a lot of form to call on. Had the courage of his convictions to play shots which is no easy thing.

Meridio

International Regular
Haven't been able to watch because am at work, but is there any obvious reason as to why Anderson hasn't had a bowl?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Little bit unkind, he never looked out of control to me. Pretty fair knock coming in at 30-4 against a swinging ball and not a lot of form to call on. Had the courage of his convictions to play shots which is no easy thing.
Only times he looked terrible was trying to wallop bad balls that he mistimed, to be fair.
He rode his luck by going hard at the ball, but there weren't really any bad shots. Think everyone would be fawning over it if a batsman with a better reputation had played it.
Nah, he got some good deliveries which he tried to cut and drive on the up and mistimed. Some really uncultured shots trying to wallop it. Am actually a fan of Stokes but it wasn't the prettiest of innings for the first third or so.