• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, think this is definitely the case. Ashwin rectified his action by modelling it to be more similar to Narine's, but the difference is that Ashwin has a lot more pivot off the foot while Narine just runs in and doesn't use his body at all.
I always thought Ashwin modelling his action on Narine's was a troll effort.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I mean, next game Narine comes on to bowl his first delivery, rolls his sleeve up to his shoulders and bowls the most perfect classical off break.

What's the umpire gonna do? No ball a legitimate delivery? Act in contempt of the laws of cricket?

How does this even work? They could force Narine off the field, but what's the status of the delivery he's just bowled? Does the scorecard show that he was ******ed off the field for bowling a legitimate off break?
They find his action when bowling off breaks suspect. So they have banned him from bowling off breaks till a change in status.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Basically copied Narine's action then justified it by saying he wanted to see if using more elbow in his action allowed him to turn it more IIRC

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I mean, next game Narine comes on to bowl his first delivery, rolls his sleeve up to his shoulders and bowls the most perfect classical off break.

What's the umpire gonna do? No ball a legitimate delivery? Act in contempt of the laws of cricket?

How does this even work? They could force Narine off the field, but what's the status of the delivery he's just bowled? Does the scorecard show that he was ******ed off the field for bowling a legitimate off break?
The umpires wouldn't get involved; he'd just cop a suspension afterwards.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, this.

Umpires don't really call no balls for suspect actions these days, they only call it on the field when you run down the pitch and peg it at the batsman, like so.

I mean, even at park level I've been instructed not to call suspect actions, everything goes through a reporting and remodelling process if it's action-related chucking.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But suspending him for bowling a legal delivery is extremely silly.

I believe it would still be a reporting mechanism.. As far as I know, his offie is banned as he bowls it with an illegal action.. If he bowls it again but this time with a legal action, they might have it checked but it could still end up being ok for him, right?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man.. Baz against the spinners looks so so bad when he misses the ball. Its a reason why he keeps coppin iffy decisions against them I feel.. He looks great when he s hitting them but the moment he misses one, it just looks so so bad..

And same with Faf.. except that he kinda looks bad even when he is goiog well against the spinners.. :laugh:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yeah, this.

Umpires don't really call no balls for suspect actions these days, they only call it on the field when you run down the pitch and peg it at the batsman, like so.

I mean, even at park level I've been instructed not to call suspect actions, everything goes through a reporting and remodelling process if it's action-related chucking.
Nah, the umpires are ****ed.
"Following the provisions of the IPL Suspected Illegal Bowling Action Policy, the Committee has concluded that Narine's bowling action for his off-spinner, contravenes Law 24.2 (as read with Law 24.3) of the Laws of Cricket and therefore the player is now banned from bowling the off-spinner in matches organised by the BCCI, including the IPL. He may however continue to bowl his other deliveries (the knuckle ball and the quicker straight ball)," the BCCI said in a statement.

The statement further read, "If Narine were to again bowl the off-spinner in this season's IPL, the on-field umpires would apply Law 24.2 and call "No ball" and, at the end of the match, would issue a further report.

"Pursuant to clause 3.4 of the IPL Suspected Illegal Bowling Action Policy, the player would in such circumstances automatically be suspended from bowling in BCCI-organised matches," the statement said.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/150429/sports-cricket/article/ipl-8-sunil-narine’s-spin-now-‘no-ball’

Antihippy

International Debutant
Seriously, how many times must commentators talk about T20 being the death of spinners when they've dominated the rankings for years now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That is a **** rule then... They are gone..

BTW, how stupid was Raina's shot inn this game? All he needed to do was hang around till the spinners came on.. Surely do not see Chawla dng all this if Raina was around.. At times, he just bats like a programmed robot..

Niall

International Coach
That is a **** rule then... They are gone..

BTW, how stupid was Raina's shot inn this game? All he needed to do was hang around till the spinners came on.. Surely do not see Chawla dng all this if Raina was around.. At times, he just bats like a programmed robot..
It was naive as he is probably one of their best players against spin, although don't think Faf was to clever either in getting out.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pandey's such a bad batsman. No matter what delivery is bowled, his footwork is pretty much always identical... a plonk of his front foot straight down the wicket and his foot pointing awkwardly towards point. Looks like a crab with one of its limbs chopped off.