• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

G.I.Joe

International Coach
WTF is that? :laugh:

Seems like the media team spent the break dicking around picking fantasy sides but I can't even imagine what sort of criteria leads to those sort of lineups.

Last edited:

nevermind

U19 Debutant
haha yea, its amazing. in the break they said "sorry about the team list, dont think they are quite that strong" etc. lot of people freaked out on twitter.

:)

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
WTF is that? :laugh:

Seems like the media team spent the break dicking around picking fantasy sides but I can't even imagine what sort of criteria leads to those sort of lineups.
It's probably a test sub they produced in three minutes without really thinking it would get beyond the production team

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
so while they wait for the rain to go away Sky are showing highlights of game 1 between KKR and MI

fair to say KKR are expecting the pitch to be spinner friendly

can't decide what I like the most about this, possibly captain ALISTAIR Cook.
That's the most random XI ever. AMazing :laugh:

Aditi_Nair

Cricket Spectator
Now IPL has come into interesting mode. All teams are performing well and interesting matches are there to see. How ever some big hitter like Maxwell are not performing well. We are hoping a run rain from these hitters soon.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Now IPL has come into interesting mode. All teams are performing well and interesting matches are there to see. How ever some big hitter like Maxwell are not performing well. We are hoping a run rain from these hitters soon.
As a KXIP fan, I'm happy that Maxwell has been dropped to the bench. He's one of the team's most important batsmen and he keeps trying ridiculous shots early on his innings. I know that's a part of Maxwell's playing style, but I don't think it's too much to ask for him to at least hit 10 runs (and get his eye in) and then going for it. As of now, I have more faith in Shaun Marsh.

Niall

International Coach
Well done, Vihari, Ojha, Rahul.
You have managed to make everyone feel sorry for Warner to have to bat with you useless selves this year, no mean achievement at all.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Warner gone, and that is that.

Shame as after the collapse in the test wanted to see a close match, but as a Punjab fan, this was a much needed win and most pleasingly as it has been so easy, should do no harm to their run rate.

Antihippy

International Debutant
As a KXIP fan, I'm happy that Maxwell has been dropped to the bench. He's one of the team's most important batsmen and he keeps trying ridiculous shots early on his innings. I know that's a part of Maxwell's playing style, but I don't think it's too much to ask for him to at least hit 10 runs (and get his eye in) and then going for it. As of now, I have more faith in Shaun Marsh.
Welcome to being an australian fan. :P

FWIW from what I've seen he just looks like he's moving around too much, which is one of the signs of him being out of form.

I'm actually starting to think that he's a better ODI player than a T20 player.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
And people wanted Kane in this side?
Yes that is that they need another player running singles pissing about with a 110 strike rate and unable to clear the boundary.
A t20 team from the dark ages.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Warner gone, and that is that.

Shame as after the collapse in the test wanted to see a close match, but as a Punjab fan, this was a much needed win and most pleasingly as it has been so easy, should do no harm to their run rate.
Well no more predictions from me again.:laugh:

Bailey you are stealing money, drop yourself into a puddle.

Howsie

International Captain
And people wanted Kane in this side?
Yes that is that they need another player running singles pissing about with a 110 strike rate and unable to clear the boundary.
A t20 team from the dark ages.
Somebody has been watching Kane Williamson tape from 2010....

I think every game I've seen from SHR one of Henriques, Morgan or Bopara has played a knock of 25+ and scored at less than run a ball, you honestly think that would happen with Williamson?

GGG

State Captain
Was going to say that has come from someone whom has obviously not watched Kane over the last few years and is going on his 20/20 statistics alone.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Why not pick Steyn, Boult, Warner and Kane as the 4 overseas guys and then build the rest of the side around them? Why muck around so much?

Burner

International Regular
That was a definite no ball. You could clearly see a part of the line behind his foot. Don't know what got into the 3rd but that was a wrong call, and might just have cost Punjab the game.