• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

G.I.Joe

International Coach
DWTA.

What makes Sri Lankans any more special than Pakistanis?

Yes I realize it's the IPL making the rules in one case and CSK in the other. The principle stands. If CSK deserves criticism, then the entire IPL does too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What are you disagreeing with? I actually think you're using this incorrectly. How does someone thinking this is wrong mean we don't think the Pakistani exclusion is wrong too? Do you have to simultaneously say everything wrong with the IPL at once when criticising it?

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And also who the **** would want a Pakistani in their team right now. Literally have no good players :ph34r:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
What are you disagreeing with? I actually think you're using this incorrectly.
And also who the **** would want a Pakistani in their team right now. Literally have no good players :ph34r:
I honestly feel dirty for saying that the Lankans aren't more special than the Pakistanis. Soz wittle Lankans, you're golden. Equating you with those filthy rotten Pakistanis was just a means to assert a principle.

Niall

International Coach
Its a very good question. Ajmal if he was allowed to chuck would be wanted by everyone. I think Hafeez could get a gig as well. Afridi would as well, but he'd be dropped once they copped on he was past it. Umar Akmal and Riaz would be snapped up, but no certs to start for whoever gambled on them.

Someone would probably sign Malik as well.

Not sure about anybody else though, Junaid and Gul in their pomp yeah, but now , no chance in hell.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
What's the story here?
Sri Lanka had this decade long civil war between the Sinhalese and Tamils, which ended a few years back with the SL govt decimating the Tamil rebels and regaining control over the entire nation. Many Tamils assert that this was achieved by means of a genocide of the Tamils in Sri Lanka, and want the SL army and former SL PM Rajapakse tried for crimes against humanity.

Chennai is the capital of the southern state of Tamil Nadu (literally Land of the Tamils). Law and Order is a state subject.

viriya

International Captain
Sri Lanka had this decade long civil war between the Sinhalese and Tamils, which ended a few years back with the SL govt decimating the Tamil rebels and regaining control over the entire nation. Many Tamils assert that this was achieved by means of a genocide of the Tamils in Sri Lanka, and want the SL army and former SL PM Rajapakse tried for crimes against humanity.

Chennai is the capital of the southern state of Tamil Nadu (literally Land of the Tamils). Law and Order is a state subject.
I would like to know who these "many Tamils" you are referring to are. The war didn't end with genocide. It was more like carpet bombing the last stand.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
GI Joe you deserve that for not just posting a link to a news article like I did. Now this **** just got messy.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I would like to know who these "many Tamils" you are referring to are. The war didn't end with genocide. It was more like carpet bombing the last stand.
IDGAF viriya. Feel free to edit my post and correct any perceived flaws. I just wanted to illustrate the differences, not accurately depict scale or take sides.
GI Joe you deserve that for not just posting a link to a news article like I did. Now this **** just got messy.
I have no one to blame but myself :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
*****, didn't they not play games in Chennai due to a dispute regarding the cricket ground, not because of the Sri Lankan issue. IPL has just accepted the Chennai state government's decision re: Sri Lankan players, both in 2013 and 2015. No games in Chennai in 2014 unfortunately wasn't due to their ****ty "security" stance.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Punjab drop Maxwell? Considering his record against CSK, it doesnt seem like a great idea. Plus, Punjab now has 4 left handers in their top 8, good for CSK's off spinners.

cnerd123

likes this
*****, didn't they not play games in Chennai due to a dispute regarding the cricket ground, not because of the Sri Lankan issue. IPL has just accepted the Chennai state government's decision re: Sri Lankan players, both in 2013 and 2015. No games in Chennai in 2014 unfortunately wasn't due to their ****ty "security" stance.
Aha. I actually thought they didn't play in Chennai in 2013 because of their 'No-SL cricketers' stance.

Just another reason on the list why the IPL isn't real cricket.

nevermind

U19 Debutant
so while they wait for the rain to go away Sky are showing highlights of game 1 between KKR and MI

fair to say KKR are expecting the pitch to be spinner friendly

can't decide what I like the most about this, possibly captain ALISTAIR Cook.

Last edited: