• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Incidentally, I think it's pretty pathetic that England can't go more than 3 overs without the 12th Man bringing on instructions from the dressing room when they're in the field. David Gower mentioned it on commentary and I totally agree.

You don't see us doing that, or asking for the ball to be changed at the end of every over. It's the Caribbean, the sun is shining and the pitch is flat Stuart so just get on with it like most other teams do.

Rant over!

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Every time I watch Brathwaite bat he's corrected issues from previous innings. This guy must be an astonishingly hard worker. Love the guy.

Spark

Global Moderator
Incidentally, I think it's pretty pathetic that England can't go more than 3 overs without the 12th Man bringing on instructions from the dressing room when they're in the field. David Gower mentioned it on commentary and I totally agree.

You don't see us doing that, or asking for the ball to be changed at the end of every over. It's the Caribbean, the sun is shining and the pitch is flat Stuart so just get on with it like most other teams do.

Rant over!
It's been mentioned for a while now that many (most?) of the fielding/bowling plans come from Moores and the coaching staff, not Cook.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Presuming Chanderpaul Will stick around for a while this should be another draw.

As much as this pitch has sucked, England can Blame themselves. They let the famously strong West Indian tail add more runs to the total while having 3 run outs

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

Rant over!
England are to cricket what Italy is to football.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brathwaite getting a ton this series was pretty much a foregone conclusion. Having that sort of aura at age 22 is ridiculous.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah since 2014, Brathwaite has scored 870 runs in 9 matches @ 62.14, including a hundred against New Zealand, Bangladesh, South Africa and now England. That's very impressive.

What I most like about him is his patience. I agreed completely with this:
He's done nothing wrong, his job is to occupy the crease, if he got frustrated and played silly shots it would matter, yet he's took all these off-spin balls, which may be dangerous against left-handers and never looked like getting out.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
At the moment he's a 4th seamer on flat pitches and very good when it swings and seams. I think/hope he'll develop given a run of matches. I actually rate Carlos Braithwaite more highly as a seamer as he has just a bit more pace.
He doesn't trouble the batsmen enough, I feel it'll be difficult for the WI if he plays as the 4th bowler for the team.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He doesn't trouble the batsmen enough, I feel it'll be difficult for the WI if he plays as the 4th bowler for the team.
Are you talking about Holder?

If so you must've missed the first Test. He was superb in large flat conditions.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Are you talking about Holder?

If so you must've missed the first Test. He was superb in large flat conditions.
I have seen most parts of his bowling and he has been impressive at times, but considering the overall composition of the WI bowling line-up, Holder doesn't fit.

If WI had a quality spinner, and Roach and Taylor were picking heaps of wickets, Holder would have been ideal as the 4th bowling option. But nor does WI have a quality spinner, or two frontline quicks who can be consistent. In this case, I would just like to see a quick bowler with some X factor in the lineup.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Didn't seem like I missed much. Well done Brathwaite, some effort after a poor run of scores in the series up to now.

Can't say too much as not seen it but I stand by saying Plunkett should be in the side as he gives us something different.

morgieb

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks WI could still lose this?
Not really. A good new ball spell and it's game on. Even if the West Indies bat solidly-ish an assault from England (as unlikely as that sounds) could still happen.

we're yorkshire

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'd agree, but we know even if England have say 50 overs to score 200 we'll end up 120-2 with Cook and Trott not going at 2 an over all morning