• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah. It is really boring to watch. Didn't watch ththfirst forty minutes or so after tea as found the earlier session a bit too ordinary.

Liking it post the wicket though. Get 2 more and a bit less work tomorrow.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Even as a dedicated Test cricket fan I find this stuff extraordinarily difficult to watch and follow - it just feels like we're going through the motions for five days with no team actually set on winning just batting and bowling inconsequentially until they shake hands. Up the quality of the pitches, or I'm outta here.
Yeah at least when you've got a road with a bit of pace and bounce the batsmen at least get value for their shots, this is just hideous to watch.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Not only is there low bounce and slowness, there are no cracks or any thing either. There is true low bounce.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kinda painful watching Brathwaite being completely incapable of working Root around.
He's done nothing wrong, his job is to occupy the crease, if he got frustrated and played silly shots it would matter, yet he's took all these off-spin balls, which may be dangerous against left-handers and never looked like getting out.

Spark

Global Moderator
He's done nothing wrong, his job is to occupy the crease, if he got frustrated and played silly shots it would matter, yet he's took all these off-spin balls, which may be dangerous against left-handers and never looked like getting out.
yeah this how you get frustrated and play silly shots though

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Stokes bowling round the wicket in an attempt to hit Samuels as much as possible might just make this watchable.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Inability to take 20 on flat tracks a big difference between this England side and that of 5 years ago.

This pitch is absolute ****ing garbage though.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Look Braithwaite has scored good runs against Saf and NZ before - the kid can play. There is nothing wrong with attritional cricket. All 3 (4) results are still possible at the end of day 4 - this is good for test cricket

Shady Slim

International Coach
you'd assume that the windies would try to plod to a decent total and try to absolute roll england in the last innings by bowling their asses off for about fifty overs after setting a decently high total marginallly too hard to chase

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Look Braithwaite has scored good runs against Saf and NZ before - the kid can play. There is nothing wrong with attritional cricket. All 3 (4) results are still possible at the end of day 4 - this is good for test cricket
Result wise, yeah, I suppose it's good for Test cricket, as in, it isn't a one-sided mauling.. But if the play in between the start and the result is as mind-numbingly dull as this, then why not just turn on the news 5 days after the start to find out the result? I say I can speak for a few when I say I simply do not want to watch this. Which is not good for test cricket.