• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He is doing very well indeed.

Well that looks like the day. Good stuff from these two. Another 100 runs should make this a good match.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
That ended up being a pretty even day IMHO. Great fight shown by us in tricky batting conditions. I like what I see of this Phil Simmons unit so far. It's too early to really tell but there has certainly been a lot of common sense shown which is not our forte.

Stapel

International Regular
That's that then for the day. Can't say 188/5 is a good start for the Windies, but coming from 75/4 it's pretty decent.

grecian

Ali's line, length was appalling, when he landed it in the right area looked threatening, Bishoo could cause trouble. Broad was awful with the new ball, and not great after that, the other 3 was solid, but we need to get wickets early tomorrow or they could have a decent score.

we're yorkshire

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If i was going to be biased it'd of looked something like this (and it isn't really that farfetched

Lees
Lyth
Ballance
Root
Bell
Bairstow
Rashid
Bresnan
Plunkett
Anderson
Brooks

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England are still ahead but they've squandered a lot of the advantage they gained by winning the toss.

Spark

Global Moderator
on the "clash" in the evening session

Stuart Broad @StuartBroad8
@MAILcricket @Paul_NewmanDM Was it really a 'clash' Paul? I didn't really notice anything out on the field, just competitive cricket no?!

Stuart Broad @StuartBroad8
@MAILcricket @Paul_NewmanDM If you build up moments like that in the media as clashes, players will become more robotic and sport is passion

Howsie

International Captain
It seems young Kraigg has been spooked a wee bit. He was bounced out in the first test and seemed to have that in the back of his mind when he was bowled. I wonder if he can come back from this :ph34r:

OverratedSanity

God I love Samuels. Such a roller coaster ride if you're a fan of his. Pulls out the most sumptuous shots and makes the bowling look club standard but you just know he could have a brainfart at any moment.

Beamer

It seems young Kraigg has been spooked a wee bit. He was bounced out in the first test and seemed to have that in the back of his mind when he was bowled. I wonder if he can come back from this :ph34r:
He'll be fine tbh. That was a ridiculous delivery to get, I think it would have got most right handers out. He's as mentally strong as it gets, I'd back him to get a hundred before the series is done and if not he'll score lots against the Aussies.

OverratedSanity

He'll be fine tbh. That was a ridiculous delivery to get, I think it would have got most right handers out. He's as mentally strong as it gets, I'd back him to get a hundred before the series is done and if not he'll score lots against the Aussies.
I daresay that comment was tongue in cheek. He just got a great delivery early in his innings, it happens.

Beamer

Sorry Howsie, sense of humour failure from me. Bad karma for checking Cricketweb out whilst at work.....

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
God I love Samuels. Such a roller coaster ride if you're a fan of his. Pulls out the most sumptuous shots and makes the bowling look club standard but you just know he could have a brainfart at any moment.
Such a strange player. Still not a fan of his general attitude though.

Johnners

Why does cricinfo have Roach listed to come in next?

I was under the impression that Holder is fairly comfortably a better batsmen?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah cricinfo lineups are only roughly in order; should never be trusted. Holder will be in next; he's coming off a ton in the first Test.

Johnners

That's why I was confused, wondered if there had been some miraculous run of form with the bat from Roach that I'd missed :p

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Does anyone have a video of Anderson's wicket ? It was brilliant.

WI showing lots of fight this series and without Gayle in the squad this is really encouraging. But without Taylor the attack is weakened severely. And his replacement is total ****.