• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I find tredwell pretty unremarkable to watch bowl honestly. He's not bad at mixing up what he has but what he has are just steady off spinners that don't generate that much turn and bounce.
Tredwell is probably the least interesting bowler to watch in world cricket. Accurate, so doesn't concede much, but does 0 with the ball.
Lets see if he gets another game. I feel he can do the job, he builds enough pressure and mixes up his pace pretty well.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Lets see if he gets another game. I feel he can do the job, he builds enough pressure and mixes up his pace pretty well.
Can't function as an effective lone spinner in conditions where you need bags of wickets from spin though, either plays as the lone spinner in more seamer friendly conditions or he plays as a second spinner for mine

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hate this time zone.......can't remember the last time I haven't watched a ball of an England test match.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Can't function as an effective lone spinner in conditions where you need bags of wickets from spin though, either plays as the lone spinner in more seamer friendly conditions or he plays as a second spinner for mine
Yap, agree with you. I would also love to see how he bowls when there is plenty of turn available.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Was Blackwood's shot as bad as it sounds?
He went from 'this guy could make 6000 test runs' to '600 test runs might be closer' with that one shot.

Only half joking but yeah it was an awful, but out of the blue shot. Deserves lots of credit for his first innings century.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
- Would prefer to have Blackwood that some one like Marlon Samuels in the team who plays so irresponsibly.

- Watched the first session, was tired, so slept, which I hadn't and was awake all the way through to watch Holder and West Indies save the test.

- This pitch was flat but there was swing on offer if you pitched it up and there was a lot of wind most of the match. England bowler poorly in the match.

- I have mixed feelings about Tredwell. He bowled well in the game pitching it on a spot but he isn't amazing or any thing. I would like to change him but there are bigger problems first - the third seamer and Broad. Broad bowled really badly a lot of the game. Just banged it in with little motivation at times. He has enough experience to do better. Has declined as a bowler and that's worrisome.

- Am more convinced than ever that if Windies play the extra bowler, they would be a much better team.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
- Am more convinced than ever that if Windies play the extra bowler, they would be a much better team.
I think the 6 bats works best for WI, but thats probably because im happy with the team drawing games at the moment. The issue is clearly Benn. He took 2/200 at a poor economy rate, while also being a non-factor with the bat. I dont think many would be surprised with this sort of performance. If the Windies spinner can take wickets, the bowling unit is reasonable.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Plunkett is the reserve pacer, I just noticed. Not too bad.
Or Wood.

Personally think they should both come in. Jordan and Broad out. Broad needs a kick up the arse, sick of the constant stream of excuses. Ah well he was **** in the World Cup after his injury because he needs months to get back into form. Ah he looked a bit jaded because he's played too much cricket. Ah his batting's gone to **** because he got hit on the head.

Apart from anything else England and Cook need to get away from the obsession that England have two world beating seamers who need to be on at every opportunity and the other guys are just there to fill in occasionally. No England have one good seamer (Anderson) and then they have a load of okay ones and Broad is terrible with the new ball. Broad bowling consistently at 80mph and batting like a tailender isn't good enough.

But it won't happen because the England culture has always been about protecting and perpetuating mediocrity. Having a nice bubblewrap filled environment for the chosen few. That's why England have no star players, no world class players. Being okay gets you bulletproof status and 100+ caps.

91Jmay

International Coach
Or Wood.

Personally think they should both come in. Jordan and Broad out. Broad needs a kick up the arse, sick of the constant stream of excuses. Ah well he was **** in the World Cup after his injury because he needs months to get back into form. Ah he looked a bit jaded because he's played too much cricket. Ah his batting's gone to **** because he got hit on the head.

Apart from anything else England and Cook need to get away from the obsession that England have two world beating seamers who need to be on at every opportunity and the other guys are just there to fill in occasionally. No England have one good seamer (Anderson) and then they have a load of okay ones and Broad is terrible with the new ball. Broad bowling consistently at 80mph and batting like a tailender isn't good enough.

But it won't happen because the England culture has always been about protecting and perpetuating mediocrity. Having a nice bubblewrap filled environment for the chosen few. That's why England have no star players, no world class players. Being okay gets you bulletproof status and 100+ caps.
Broad has taken wickets at 25 his last 15 test matches. Just admit you hate him and move on.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'd agree to Wood and Plunkett coming in, but Broad stays ahead of Ben Stokes, a far far better bowler, regardless of what our friend from Durham will try to tell you.

Problem with Stokes is he's not good enough a batsman to play in the top 6 and not good enough a bowler to be relied upon as a genuine frontline option. He's still young and that may come, but as it stands he's another bits and pieces player IMO, a throwback to the 90s.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Broad has taken wickets at 25 his last 15 test matches. Just admit you hate him and move on.
Keep forgetting about the free wickets against India, when they may as well just batted peg-leg towards the end, that 6-fer elevated his figures from otherwise 12-18 months of average bowling.

Spark

Global Moderator
Keep forgetting about the free wickets against India, when they may as well just batted peg-leg towards the end, that 6-fer elevated his figures from otherwise 12-18 months of average bowling.
ah yes the classic "don't bowl too well or your wickets won't count"

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Broad was your best bowler in the away Ashes by a country mile, too. Only series in the last 18 months where he bowled poorly were the 2 tests vs Sri Lanka.