• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Howsie

International Captain
Don't get what Jordan offers with the ball. Sure, he's quick enough, but it's a weird sort of quick, more (fast-)medium than actually fast. He just stabs it in, complete with an atrocious run-up, and never looks like he'll take wickets.

But he's a f***ing gun in the field.
Yeah he's garbage. I didn't realise he was as old as he is either. Him and Woakes are very similar in my eyes, guys who just don't quite have 'it' to become even good test bowlers.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Didn't see any play today but an encouraging display from WI. How was Holders ton? Seems like it could be a big moment for him.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was incomprehensible given the state of the match.
I'm really not quite sure what was going through the heads of Smith and Blackwood. Massive brainfarts.

Samuels was another one who just didn't even try to save the game after a certain point.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Was incredibly suprised this morning. Great stuff from Holder.

I have very little time for Samuels. Part of the old guard that needs to be discarded as soon as possible.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Wow, watched until tea yesterday but still couldn't believe that the west indies managed to hold out.

Great stuff by holder.

OverratedSanity

Holder said this at the presentation ceremony: "Captaining was a good experience in the World Cup but just playing cricket for the West Indies is brilliant." Did he pretty much admit he preferred not having the captaincy or am I reading too much into it?

Ferraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Holder said this at the presentation ceremony: "Captaining was a good experience in the World Cup but just playing cricket for the West Indies is brilliant." Did he pretty much admit he preferred not having the captaincy or am I reading too much into it?
Also said this... or was it a typo from Cricinfo?
When I step on the cricket field I think about myself first, then the team

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Holder is one hell of a fighter. Good for the Windies to have him! I hope this knocks some sense into Smith and Blackwood.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah but Bresnan is much better with the bat than Woakes. Have you ever seen Wood bowl? I can't find any footage on youtube
No he isn't. Bresnan is nowhere near Woakes as a bat.

Full credit to Windies, deserved draw for Holders ton. We are so short of bowling at the moment, said I was worried before series about it. We look toothless.

Daemon

Suspect Moeen will get plenty of wickets in the next game. If Root is causing trouble then..well.

91Jmay

International Coach
Tom Smith would be worth a look in ODI/20 over, he hits the ball hard. Not a test standard bowler for me though.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
With hindsight, it's Jordan that should have been left out for Rashid, not Tredwell, just to offer something different on this track. That being said, Tredders' 1 wicket in 40 overs is probably a truer reflection of his abilities than when he got lucky in the first knock.
I think Tredwell bowled well on a pitch that didn't have much on offer. And he also builds a lot of pressure by not giving away easy runs. Its just his 2nd test, and in conditions that he isn't familiar with, so I would say a pretty decent performance.

Daemon

I think Tredwell bowled well on a pitch that didn't have much on offer. And he also builds a lot of pressure by not giving away easy runs. Its just his 2nd test, and in conditions that he isn't familiar with, so I would say a pretty decent performance.
Yeah but the thing about him is that he doesn't really have the capacity to bowl much better than what he did. He's a known quantity and a safe option but he's not going to be effective at all against better opposition unless conditions are really good for spinners.