• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Stapel

International Regular
Jermaine Blackwood looks decent enough, not? He can bowl a bit too. Why wasn't he in the ODI side?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Like Matt Prior's batting? Fair enough then, I guess.
Yeah pretty much. I think this innings has been a good illustration of why he hasn't been very good in List A cricket so far; he struggles to pick up singles when the bowling is good. I think he'll improve that as time goes on but he wouldn't be very effective in OD cricket right now in anything other than perhaps a late-order hitting role, and they already have quite a few players proficient at that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Confident shot for a lad on 94.

If he'd missed that he'd be kicking himself raw.

Loving Jos calling Tredders "Boy", despite the latter looking old enough to have sired him too.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Nice dayboo century for the lad. Is he short or Holder just tall?

Average dismissal that.

Stapel

International Regular
Hope he gets his ton. Have rated him for a while.
Well, there it is. But with Holder gone two balls later, it's still England firmly in the lead. I'm curious what Blackwood will do now. Wouldn't be too surprised of tries to slog his way to wherever, from this point.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Assuming this is all part of the Windies plan to keep Tredwell for the 2nd test.
I'm more worried that he'll still be in the frame for the Ashes, where he really would be cannon fodder.

But respect where due - his figures are way better than anything I expected.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson with just the six overs in three hours so far today and hasn't bowled since the 85th. Due a spell?

Stapel

International Regular
Last 3 bats are so average he needs to slog?
Not at all, I'd say. But that wouldn't mean there won't be a slogfest. Honestly, I hardly know Blackwood. The sensible thing to do imho, would be to trust Roach and Taylor to hold up a wicket for a while.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Not at all, I'd say. But that wouldn't mean there won't be a slogfest. Honestly, I hardly know Blackwood. The sensible thing to do imho, would be to trust Roach and Taylor to hold up a wicket for a while.
Yep. Get as close to 399 as possible.

Ferraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
or not... i guess.