• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I defended the Benn selection and I think it would have been an outrageous selectorial decision to drop him as he'd performed well in Test cricket at least.

I only watched the first session but I did comment at the time that he wasn't bowling straight enough, which is criminal if you don't have a Vettori-esque arm ball because the batsmen can just camp back and wait for the short wide one. Which he obliged with.

I don't know whether 5 bowlers with Ramdin batting 6 is the answer. I suppose Holder and Carlos can both bat so it may well be worth it. But it will be tough being the 4th seamer on these pitches.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I defended the Benn selection and I think it would have been an outrageous selectorial decision to drop him as he'd performed well in Test cricket at least.

I only watched the first session but I did comment at the time that he wasn't bowling straight enough, which is criminal if you don't have a Vettori-esque arm ball because the batsmen can just camp back and wait for the short wide one. Which he obliged with.

I don't know whether 5 bowlers with Ramdin batting 6 is the answer. I suppose Holder and Carlos can both bat so it may well be worth it. But it will be tough being the 4th seamer on these pitches.
I wouldn't mind Ramdin at 6 if you brought in Dwayne Bravo or Darren Sammy.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Benn is so useless. Still can't believe he's playing ahead of Bishoo. Very dissapointing.
Benn has a few 5 wicket hauls which inflates the strike rate actually. For the times he doesn't have those 5 wicket hauls, which is most of the times he plays, the strike rate is close to 110.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
"When Benn doesn't take wickets, he doesn't take wickets."
That's oversimplifying the point. Benn goes between the extremes of taking wickets a few times and not taking them most of the time. A bit like a batsman averaging 50 after scoring 200, 0, 0 ,0. Think Warner in ODIs.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't mind Ramdin at 6 if you brought in Dwayne Bravo or Darren Sammy.
better options than Darren Sammy and I wouldnt really count Dwayne Bravo anymore.

The extra bowler is a good option though in order to prevent Roach and Taylor being over bowled.

Athlai

Not Terrible
better options than Darren Sammy and I wouldnt really count Dwayne Bravo anymore.

The extra bowler is a good option though in order to prevent Roach and Taylor being over bowled.
This is only in the hypothetical scenario where you want a 4th seamer. If you just want bits and pieces the current balance is good.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
So for second test what batting order do we go if Ali comes back in? I'd suggest Stokes and Ali before Buttler. Buttler is going to be better working with the tail that Stokes or Ali. Ali and Stokes are better first class bats than Buttler also so should bat higher than him. Probably go with Stokes at 6 and Ali 7 if picking on short term form.

Might get the 6.Stokes, 7.Ali, 8.Buttler, 9.Woakes, 10.Broad, 11.Anderson lower order for the ashes.

Flem274*

123/5
where do they bat for their counties and consider their strengths, weaknesses etc

no need to overthink it. i'd probably go buttler, stokes, moeen without knowing off the top of my head their specific county positions.