• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
They won their last test series didn't they?

They're simply completely out of touch coming into this game off the back of so sort of preparation at all. Because they thought they could turn up and beat this lot with their eyes closed. Graves' arrogant stupidity seems endemic of the attitude around the side, and they're paying the price.
Yeah but they also failed to win a single test in their two before that to go with being awful in the one day stuff. Overall they've been trash in all formats for 18 months.

Though accusation of complacency is a pet hate of mine really. Kind of undermines their professionalism when you say they are.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The worst thing about all this is all the ****e we'll hear about how KP's turkey shoot against a uni side means he should be out there. Apart from any other minor considerations like being professional enough to win the bloody match, you'd think they'd want to make sure they didn't put themselves in that position.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but they also failed to win a single test in their two before that to go with being awful in the one day stuff. Overall they've been trash in all formats for 18 months.

Though accusation of complacency is a pet hate of mine really. Kind of undermines their professionalism when you say they are.
Certainly does. The problem being?

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Well if I genuinely thought they were complement I wouldn't want them to be playing for England again any time soon. I suppose you wanting them entire team and backroom staff dropped and sacked respectively isn't out of the question though...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The worst thing about all this is all the ****e we'll hear about how KP's turkey shoot against a uni side means he should be out there. Apart from any other minor considerations like being professional enough to win the bloody match, you'd think they'd want to make sure they didn't put themselves in that position.
surely the worst thing is that the current players are stinking it up and not KP...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I have no idea how anyone could think any of those top 3 are complacent.
Yeah if anything I think the problem may have been the opposite. There's lots of pressure to bounce back on this tour so they might've just been a bit too intense about it all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mostly though, West Indies have bowled well and England have batted poorly.. cricket is like that sometimes. We don't have to be armchair psychologists every time England play.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I don't remember saying the whole lot should be sacked.

And it isn't even that the top 3 were individually complacent per se. At least, I hope not.

But the approach from the top stinks, if they genuinely think they can turn up for a test series off the back of the sort of itinerary we've seen here. And Graves' comments were unbelievably ignorant, even if he has got where he is today by not calling a spade a bloody shovel. I agree that it doesn't automatically filter down to guys like Cook and Trott given their recent track record, but at a management level we've definitely been complacent.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah if anything I think the problem may have been the opposite. There's lots of pressure to bounce back on this tour so they might've just been a bit too intense about it all.
All three are desperate for runs for different reasons as well. Really the biggest of all the World Cup fails is they managed to turn Ballance from the great success of the summer to someone with questions over his form.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This is all very solid from WI. If you cant be brilliant then be consistent and have a plan. You could never claim that this is exciting but it is good Test cricket.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Martin van Jaarsveldt will be fuming about not getting a commentary mention on the leg-slip-catch-from-first-slip issue.