• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in West Indies 2015

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Commentary? What does that mean?

Roach is quality. Better than any English bowler. Though I'm not sure that was the debate.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
When you get used to losing for years on end it can be hard to Shake. Ask the Kiwis.

I know England have played terribly lately but they have a number of players who have experienced great amounts of success. Its why guys like Marlon Samuels bat like a 10 year old or Chanderpaul for his average.

Theyre not used to it 'mattering' in the long run and I just cant see the Windies sustaining enough discipline, focus or ruthlessness to win the series. They are more than welcome to prove me wrong though.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
I agree that the Windies are a shambles of a team, a disgrace to cricket, but I don't see anything better in that English line-up. All Tests to be drawn and everyone to be disappointed.

Flem274*

123/5
When you get used to losing for years on end it can be hard to Shake. Ask the Kiwis.

I know England have played terribly lately but they have a number of players who have experienced great amounts of success. Its why guys like Marlon Samuels bat like a 10 year old or Chanderpaul for his average.

Theyre not used to it 'mattering' in the long run and I just cant see the Windies sustaining enough discipline, focus or ruthlessness to win the series. They are more than welcome to prove me wrong though.
You can relearn how to win faster than many realise though. 45 all out was only two years ago. NZ had shown hints before then, but after that calamity the entire squad kept raising the bar with every series.

In 2017 the West Indies could be a top four team again (in reality not ICC rankings) if every player commits and finds a way to be good.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
You can relearn how to win faster than many realise though. 45 all out was only two years ago. NZ had shown hints before then, but after that calamity the entire squad kept raising the bar with every series.

In 2017 the West Indies could be a top four team again (in reality not ICC rankings) if every player commits and finds a way to be good.
Do you really see the West Indies working together as a squad?

Im sure its possible but I dont see it happening. The West Indies are truly excellent at turning great potential into average journey men

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
the same was said of new zealand whenever a player wasn't dubbed a hard working trier.

they need the right people leading the way obv.

Spark

Global Moderator
If anyone - at least two people, involved and neutrals all - wants to do the afternoon session for our fledgling CW commentary services, drop me a VM or post in this thread.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Go for itkippax. I'm backing broad to bowl too short and maybe Anderson until it reverses too. It's about time England's tendency to bowl the wrong length awsy from home or Australia caught up with them

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Pissed off PEWS didn't pop into the thread before they closed down for the night.

Disappointed they're starting to rein in Holder's batting odds these days. That was a sweet year of betting in all sorts of cricket while it lasted.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I saw a comment from Lara 15 days or so back on his fb account that he has high hopes with Holder for the future. What do people think of him as a leader of men?

Niall

International Coach
Pissed off PEWS didn't pop into the thread before they closed down for the night.

Disappointed they're starting to rein in Holder's batting odds these days. .
25/1 with Powers and Ladbrokes, always shop around. :D

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I saw a comment from Lara 15 days or so back on his fb account that he has high hopes with Holder for the future. What do people think of him as a leader of men?
At the moment he's certainly a 'lead from the front' mold of captain, beyond that and that he has still much to learn it's hard to say. Might be drawing something from nothing but that tussle with Sammy in the WC might indicate he hasn't quite stamped his authority just yet.