• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
How much of a gap exists between Ranji Trophy and IPL? Look at Rishi Dhawan's fabulous figures in the Ranji Trophy, and then watch him struggle in the IPL. While you're at it, also look at his performance in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
At the Ranji level, you will get wickets if you can wary it at lower pace. At test level, you will not get wickets without having really good balls/variation at slower pace or pace and variation. IPL and T20 is a different ball game and not comparable. In T20, you will get hit if you are not accurate. A bit of variation can work. IPL is just brutal to the bowlers compared to a Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. Even slight lowering of standards, and you are clobbered. This time, even the field of the SMA Trophy was much weaker than usual.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The standards in Ranji are really low as well. Thirty team talent spread makes it tedious to watch at times despite it being the long game. I still love watching it when I can. In this regard, I find Australian domestic cricket most watchable. Almost all teams have some decent domestic bowlers.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
The standards in Ranji are really low as well. Thirty team talent spread makes it tedious to watch at times despite it being the long game. I still love watching it when I can. In this regard, I find Australian domestic cricket most watchable. Almost all teams have some decent domestic bowlers.
You ve stopped playing fantasy?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah man. As has been the case for me over the years, my interest in the IPL dips within the first week. Not able to watch the millions of sixes.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
RCB should get Mandeep to open and let him go for broke.. And need to find a way to have Badri as their damage limitation guy at 5 if they are intent on having Kohli open... Ideally, once Starc is fit, this would be their side...

Gayle
Mandeep
Kohli (c)
AB
DK (wk)
Badri/Zol/Bisla
Starc
Milne
Chahal
Patel
Abdullah

I just think they got their balance wrong at the moment with just one spinner.. Also, given it is T20, they should get Gayle to bowl a couple of overs at least per game, given he seems to be the only offie in their squad.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
gotta give props to IPL for their excellent free highlights. Really need this in other domestic competitions, not to mention internationals. Easy way to generate and maintain interest for those who without access to pay TV.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Rishi Dhawan plays for a Plate B team(Himachal Pradesh)
Tbh Rishi Dahwan is looking a lot different than last year. Was pretty accurate in the last edition of the IPL, he looked pretty bad even in the Karnataka v Rest of India game where he was constantly bowling loose deliveries.

I just feel that he is going to have a tough time if he continues to bowl so many overs(in FC games) and also spend time in the middle with the bat. If you consider Ranji Trophy alone, he has bowled 372.4 over in 8 games while playing a few long innings(in terms of balls faced).

I won't be surprised if he becomes injury prone and ends up like other promising guys we have had in the past.