• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2015 Thread

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I have seen enough.Hooda to replace Jadeja now
There is a long list of players who are ready to replace Jadeja or atleast worth investing for the future. Jadeja's bowling has had zero improvement despite of so much experience, he gets absolutely smashed when there is no turn and not so convincing with the bat either.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
That is ****ing solid from Chris Morris. **** should have been in the WC squad ahead of spudhardien and spudnell.
Morkel, Morris, Steyn and Tahir would have formed a very strong bowling lineup. Also, one out of Robin Peterson, Roelof van der Merwe and Albie Morkel could have been a great addition to fill in the 5th bowlers slot.

Last edited:

Bleed_Blue

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fantastic thread, it's been a great tournament so far! RCB are too reliant on their big 3 and the bowling looks light they badly look light to me. CSK are my team and I feel we have a great chance this year but there are some god teams going around!

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Awesome from Gayle today.

Narine normally with all those runs to play with is unplayable, wasn't awful today or against Mumbai, but definitely below par since he no longer can pelt.
Narine is trying to keep his elbow too straight I guess. I doubt if his previous action was illegal, but he used to use his wrist a lot to impart more spin on his off break deliveries, he isn't doing that comfortable at the moment since he is trying to avoid using his elbow completely. He looks very conscious about his action and his confidence has gone down because he knows he'll be under constant scrutiny.

He can bowl with a lot more freedom if he uses some kind of brace around his arm which would prevent his elbow to bend. I don't know if that's legal but that would atleast give him some more confidence.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Fantastic thread, it's been a great tournament so far! RCB are too reliant on their big 3 and the bowling looks light they badly look light to me. CSK are my team and I feel we have a great chance this year but there are some god teams going around!
What do you feel about the minnow teams, Bleed_Blue? It feels like Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad and Punjab just make up the numbers every year.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh Rishi Dahwan is looking a lot different than last year. Was pretty accurate in the last edition of the IPL, he looked pretty bad even in the Karnataka v Rest of India game where he was constantly bowling loose deliveries.

I just feel that he is going to have a tough time if he continues to bowl so many overs(in FC games) and also spend time in the middle with the bat. If you consider Ranji Trophy alone, he has bowled 372.4 over in 8 games while playing a few long innings(in terms of balls faced).

I won't be surprised if he becomes injury prone and ends up like other promising guys we have had in the past.
Himachal is a consistently under-performing team. The lack of any proper strike bowler has resulted in Rishi doing the bulk of the bowling, apart from holding up the batting from the lower middle-order. He's got enough competition (Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ram Dayal, Rush Kalaria, Shrikant Mundhe, and a few spinners) from players who are in Groups A and B, so he's got to try harder, or make things work for him- even if it means leaving Himachal for Punjab/MP/Delhi- at least he'll have better bowlers alongside him.

Shady Slim

International Coach
rcb are the ones with starc yeah?

would they have a more solid all-round lineup if he was there

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Delhi is a joke. 11 losses or something like that in a row now.
Unlike SRH, they're actually carrying a team of decent T20 players. They've got inexplicably weird management, for a corporate-owned team.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Punjab is actually improving every year is it not.. I don't know enough about why Delhi is poor. I love that RCB has been crazy poor all through. Shows you need a bit of cricket intelligence to get a good team together.

Regarding SRH - Deccan did win it one year. They also look like a team trying to use cricketing acumen.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Punjab is actually improving every year is it not.. I don't know enough about why Delhi is poor. I love that RCB has been crazy poor all through. Shows you need a bit of cricket intelligence to get a good team together.

Regarding SRH - Deccan did win it one year. They also look like a team trying to use cricketing acumen.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Himachal is a consistently under-performing team. The lack of any proper strike bowler has resulted in Rishi doing the bulk of the bowling, apart from holding up the batting from the lower middle-order. He's got enough competition (Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ram Dayal, Rush Kalaria, Shrikant Mundhe, and a few spinners) from players who are in Groups A and B, so he's got to try harder, or make things work for him- even if it means leaving Himachal for Punjab/MP/Delhi- at least he'll have better bowlers alongside him.
Agree with you there. He needs to switch to a new team, it'll allow him to grow as a player and will improve his chances to advance further. Another option is if he takes enough breaks between FC games. I was pretty shocked to see him bowl loose stuff in the Irany trophy(and even in the IPL), he is usually a very tidy bowler. I feel the workload is affecting his game.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
The teams in the IPL don't seem to prioritise winning yet.

It's still at the stage where it's about building fan loyalty, getting sponsors, and putting bums on seats.

Which is disappointing tbh.

cnerd123

likes this
Do you think the average Indian would root for the Noida Nobodies with 11 domestic stalwarts who have never played international cricket, a low-key management team, but who win every game...or the Royal Challengers Bangalore with ABDV, Gayle, Kohli, Starc and Vijay Mallya? Or KXIP with Priety Zinta and Maxwell, Sehwag, Mitch and Miller? Or KKR with Shah Rukh Khan and who cares who else? Who would they rather go watch play? Who's kits would they buy? Which team would sponsors want pushing their products?

Maybe in a few more seasons, when fanbases stabilise and start to care more about winning and losing than who is playing. But ATM it still feels like they're just building sides to draw people to the ground and sponsors to the team.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Aren't the CSK basically popular due to how successful they are though?

Still think those are just growing pains of league sports though. Even the BBL has only just started trying to build an identity for each side.