• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Bleed_Blue

School Boy/Girl Captain
Matthews is becoming a World Class all rounder and captain. Bazzas form is sublime, this is a decent series.

As a neutral I have to say Jayawardene will be missed I love watching him bat he's all class.

Howsie

International Captain
It's interesting that Matt Henry has played just as many games as any other NZ seamer in this series, I wonder if the selectors now realise they've made a mistake in selecting old man river ahead of him yet? Every passing day it must feel like that as he struggles to get up off the couch.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
It's interesting that Matt Henry has played just as many games as any other NZ seamer in this series, I wonder if the selectors now realise they've made a mistake in selecting old man river ahead of him yet? Every passing day it must feel like that as he struggles to get up off the couch.
This is blocky level posting.

vandem

International 12th Man
In WC-related domestic ODI play this morning:

Mills 6-1-9-1

Tidy opening spell on Roady McRoad pitch vs Brownlie / Devcich / Flynn

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
In WC-related domestic ODI play this morning:

Mills 6-1-9-1

Tidy opening spell on Roady McRoad pitch vs Brownlie / Devcich / Flynn
I'm at the game and it's defs not a road. Ball was nipping around all over the place. ND were lucky not to lose more wickets then they did but given they're now gifting their wickets to Nethula well.......

vandem

International 12th Man
I'm at the game and it's defs not a road. Ball was nipping around all over the place. ND were lucky not to lose more wickets then they did but given they're now gifting their wickets to Nethula well.......
So does Mills look ready for return to NZ side?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No, the guy who is one of our ATG ODI bowlers was always making the squad, it's "no white-ball credentials Boult" who almost everyone would have preferred Henry selected over.

So I'm not sure why you keep making this same tried old argument when only really McHessgar, yourself & Trent Boult's mum thought Boult was a better option to Henry. And McHessgar & Boult's mum can probably both spot the error now.

Even Edgar in his post squad announcement interview implied it was Boult/Henry vying for that last spot, in that when he was asked about the Henry non-selection, he immediately brought up Boult's swing.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
I'm feeling sorry for Taylor. Don't know why he changed his stance. Not like he wasn't doing well. Hate the way he's playing around his pads all the time. I'm hoping he can get it sorted and get back to his best. Good to see Guptil find some form. I think there was a ton beckoning. Pity about the weather.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If Guptill bats like that in the Eden Park ODI v Australia next month, then he won't last 10 balls before Starc pins him in front. I'm glad he finally made some runs but he's suffering from some huge problems with his footwork and a tendency to play around his front pad, that'll cost him against the better seam bowling attacks.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got my ticket to see the boys in Nelson tomorrow.
Keen to know what the ground's like for spectators - is there any shade etc. Heading along for the Ireland vs. West Indies World Cup match and it'd be good to have an idea of the lie of the land, given we're taking our baby along and she'll need to be out of the sun for at least some of the time.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Keen to know what the ground's like for spectators - is there any shade etc. Heading along for the Ireland vs. West Indies World Cup match and it'd be good to have an idea of the lie of the land, given we're taking our baby along and she'll need to be out of the sun for at least some of the time.
Never been before, but I'll let you know.

Flem274*

123/5
If Guptill bats like that in the Eden Park ODI v Australia next month, then he won't last 10 balls before Starc pins him in front. I'm glad he finally made some runs but he's suffering from some huge problems with his footwork and a tendency to play around his front pad, that'll cost him against the better seam bowling attacks.
If we put a red ball in his hand it would be interesting to see who struggles more.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
No comments on Taylor guys? C'mon, what should Taylor do to get back in form?
We've said it all Stop listening to Craig McMillan and go back to his old stance. He was in the top ten batsman in the world with his old stance and if he keeps this up he will go down to 30th.

I found this article about Taylor today (actually my mum happened upon it)

New Zealand cricket legend Mark Greatbatch on great coaching catches | Stuff.co.nz

What's less well known than who he coached, is how early it began. Greatbatch was still sending balls scorching through cover or sailing over midwicket when a 12-year-old Ross Taylor approached the pavilion at Masterton's Queen Elizabeth Park.

"We were playing a first-class game and he wandered up an introduced himself. He asked if he could do the drinks and be the 12th man over the three days," Greatbatch, 51, said this week.

"I said: 'do you play?' And he said: 'yeah.' And I said: 'well, bring your gear down.'

"So he did a day's work with us in the dressing room and he was great and a good kid and then I went out after the day's play with him and his gear and started throwing some balls to him. And this 12-year-old started hitting them back rather firmly so I thought I better go back three or four yards and I ended up having to do that another couple of times.

"He was very raw and my memory of him was of Ijaz [Ahmed] The Axe Cutter from Pakistan. He was like a smaller version of him."

Greatbatch was so impressed with Taylor, he talked to a few people around the CD age-group system about getting the boy some better cricket. Taylor had no sooner turned 13 than he was scoring hundreds for CD's under-15 team.

Greatbatch was then instrumental in Taylor becoming a boarder at Palmerston North Boys' High School, where the youngster's cricket really blossomed. Greatbatch was CD's director of coaching by then and took huge satisfaction from seeing players he'd identified and nurtured, such as Taylor, Jamie How, Jesse Ryder, Jacob Oram and Bevan Griggs, progress through to the full Stags side.

Jezroy

State Captain
We've said it all Stop listening to Craig McMillan and go back to his old stance. He was in the top ten batsman in the world with his old stance and if he keeps this up he will go down to 30th
It's pretty sad to think back to that West Indies series just over a year ago when he was DOMINATING, just after he'd done all that work with Martin Crowe, and now his stance is all mucked up and he looks very tentative. Seems like a long time ago that he made that 100 and the 80 odd in the Pakistan ODIs.

As for Guptill, footwork was never his strong point but right now it's almost non existent.