• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Athlai

Not Terrible
And that's just from that straight drive down the ground. Imagine if he gets a 50 !
If Latham gets to 50 and Guptill scores a 100, I'm really looking forward to seeing Hendrix explain to us why this means Latham should open in the first XI.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha sometimes I hate when Guptill drives. It's so straight it hits the bowler or the stumps more than I recall from anyone else in the world.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha sometimes I hate when Guptill drives. It's so straight it hits the bowler or the stumps more than I recall from anyone else in the world.
Yeah, can't recall a batsmen who hits the non-strikers timber as often. For NZ, Crowe & Fleming at times.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thought I'd mention in case no one also heard that apparently the inside word Radio Sport have is that Sangakkara will play at least another year of Test cricket. Apparently he was approached by the President of Sri Lanka who asked him personally to continue and not retire so soon after Jayawardene.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Thought I'd mention in case no one also heard that apparently the inside word Radio Sport have is that Sangakkara will play at least another year of Test cricket. Apparently he was approached by the President of Sri Lanka who asked him personally to continue and not retire so soon after Jayawardene.
He'll never finish that law degree.

Zinzan

Wow, if that's the case Sanga should be negotiating for a mere 1% of SL's GDP. Deal :p

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm not far from the ground and no rain here, not much wind though. I think we'll have a few interruptions today but should at least get through our innings.

No idea what it'll be like tonight, may bucket down later.

Zinzan

As the commentators say, rain rarely impacts cricket for long in Auckland.

They just failed to add that no other ground in the world drains as well & as quickly as Eden park. The benefits of having volcanic rock underneath.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
As the commentators say, rain rarely impacts cricket for long in Auckland.

They just failed to add that no other ground in the world drains as well & as quickly as Eden park. The benefits of having volcanic rock underneath.
The benefits of a $150 million revamp more than anything.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I knew the dry summer was too good (except for farmers & firefighters) to be true. I reckon Messrs Duckworth & Lewis will play a big part in the WC

Zinzan

From Cricinfo.....

4.00 pm "Huge cheer goes up as ground staff begin to take covers off again," says Andrew 'funny-man' Fernando

Zinzan

The benefits of a $150 million revamp more than anything.
This is true, it didn't used to have good drainage at all, but I was led to believe that it was a combination of sand on the top layer & a layer of basalt rock below (with a few holes drilled in to help the natural drainage of the rock along.)