• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Milne didn't bowl well. He got driven a couple of times then barely pitched it fuller than short of a length.
Milne is not a good option for ODIs. Yes he has pace but he doesn't do a helluva lot beyond bowling fast. He doesn't get much swing or seam. Henry offers more.

scooter185

Cricket Spectator
To borrow a baseball term, NZ had quite a few TOOTBLANs that innings. (I suppose we could cricketify it to ROBTWLAN, but that doesn't roll off the tongue as well)

scooter185

Cricket Spectator
Sorry, used to more people familiar with baseball

TOOTBLAN = Thrown Out On The Bases Like A Nimcompoop. If you prefer cricket terms it would be Run Out Between The Wickets Like A Nincompoop.

It's not a real baseball stat, but provides a great name for when someone is put out for doing some silly running.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Milne is not a good option for ODIs. Yes he has pace but he doesn't do a helluva lot beyond bowling fast. He doesn't get much swing or seam. Henry offers more.
So far in his career Milne has looked amazing against average batsmen and cannon fodder for guys like Kohli and Dilshan.

That said, I do think he'll be good in this world cup. He simply bowled too short yesterday.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Milne just isn't accurate enough yet. Henry, on the other hand, was extremely accurate yesterday.

I hope Henry totally outbowling Milne and Boult isn't going to be a recurring theme of this series.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Felt like he gave back that progress in the test series by reverting to the england series horror show.
Despite scoring some runs?

Man, when NZ was batting it looked like we couldn't hit a proper cricket shot off the block. To get a boundary we had to play ugly cricket shots. Then when SL was batting they made it look so easy. Did the pitch quicken up? Or was it the pace of our bowlers?
Where do you think we play most of our cricket - our batsmen are used to slower pitches and our bowling attack is more suited to slow pitches because they take the pace off the ball, just about every NZ bowler bowled too quick yesterday to make best use of the conditions

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Leaving Henry out of the WC squad was a ridiculous move. He's a genuine wicket-taking threat who has outbowled almost everyone almost every time he's pulled the black shirt on.

I'd have put a sneaky $5 on him being the WC top wicket-taker if he were in the squad and was likely to be selected, tbh.

Flem274*

123/5
So far in his career Milne has looked amazing against average batsmen and cannon fodder for guys like Kohli and Dilshan.

That said, I do think he'll be good in this world cup. He simply bowled too short yesterday.
Average batsmen like Sangakkara

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Leaving Henry out of the WC squad was a ridiculous move. He's a genuine wicket-taking threat who has outbowled almost everyone almost every time he's pulled the black shirt on.

I'd have put a sneaky $5 on him being the WC top wicket-taker if he were in the squad and was likely to be selected, tbh.
Yeah don't think anyone disagrees with this. Henry probably should've been the second name on the fast bowling list behind only Southee. The real question is who should've been the one to miss out.

Anyway, sounds like Southee and Mitch will be back in for tomorrow's game, which would lead me to suspect that Boult and Milne will be sitting the next one out.

McMillan on how the run out issue was addressed: "We addressed that last night. We chucked them in a room, turned off the lights and told them to sort it out."

Ummm...why did the lights have to be switched off?

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah don't think anyone disagrees with this. Henry probably should've been the second name on the fast bowling list behind only Southee. The real question is who should've been the one to miss out.
Boult. Obviously the selectors still have faith in Mills who already does well with the new ball. Henry is another guy who can do well with the new ball if required. McClenenen and Milne are both quality 3rd seamer options. Boult would have been better injury cover.

Or better yet Boult could have played the UAE games and potentially earned his way into the team instead of looking like the odd man out.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

Anyway, sounds like Southee and Mitch will be back in for tomorrow's game, which would lead me to suspect that Boult and Milne will be sitting the next one out.

McMillan on how the run out issue was addressed: "We addressed that last night. We chucked them in a room, turned off the lights and told them to sort it out."

Ummm...why did the lights have to be switched off?
Maybe it is some type of new age management technique

"Ahh Ross wherever you are why did you run me out?"

"Because I hate you Dan and feel you are bad for the locker room. I want you to be left out of the starting xi so running you out was essential. Have you actually noticed we are winning since you left"

"I bet you wouldn't say that to my face"
"No probably not"

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Or better yet Boult could have played the UAE games and potentially earned his way into the team instead of looking like the odd man out.
Boult in the UAE would've proven nothing. Like holding the Wimbledon qualifiers on clay.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway it sounds like Southee and McC are back for tomorrow.

Don't forget to put a couple hundred K on Latham for MOTM.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
They all bowled crap yesterday, even Henry.
I didn't watch but when we posted 250 I thought a 5 man bowling attack should be able to defend that.

Letting Dilshan score runs is not acceptable btw. Just don't give him any room or width outside off stump or he will feast on you. Even bowling at his middle stump is ok.