• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Flem274*

123/5
If I had been picking the squad Southee, Mills and Vettori would be locked in barring a dramatic shift to chumpness and Mitch, Henry and Milne would be competing for one spot.

viriya

International Captain
Yea you don't drop the type of experience that Mills brings especially for a WC campaign.

Also, Southee rested?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And 99 percent would take Henry over Mills.
I probably would, but I always knew Mills would make the squad since he's been one of our best ODI bowlers ever, whereas Boult was the surprise selection for me.

I guess that's why I'm comparing those two. I still feel Boult nabbed Henry's spot based on being a test bowler.

Howsie

International Captain
That's because we have talkback retards who don't like 35 year old medium pacers.

And the odd informed but sometimes wrong fan like yourself:p
You honestly don't have a problem with his selection. Coming off his worst year in ODI cricket, bugger all cricket since last summer, now injured and not even playing domestic cricket. Looked even more down on pace in the Soub African series. We keep hearing how he's NZ's highest rated ODI bowler and he's a just pick but I just saw Australia name their team and Clint McKay was overlooked for a bunch of young proper wicket taking bowlers.

Flem274*

123/5
On the fastest attack yarn, it's got to be Bond, Marto and O'Brilliant. That was the series Obber started randomly bowling 145-150 before retiring. Henry and co can go all out here because they only have to get through 10 overs. The Bond led attack sustained their speed across a test series.

I suspect Henry would be 135-40 clicks in tests rather than 140+, so about Southee pace.

viriya

International Captain
Thoughts on Mathews's bowling workload today, viriya? :p
I'm letting it slide cos I think they were testing with Thisara opening the bowling. They found out he was **** wherever he bowls, I'm gonna guess that experiment is done.

Thisara has to basically get 30 of 15 balls batting to cancel out the atrocious 4-5 overs he's gonna bowl (if at all). He might do more for a SL win by not bowling at all even if given the chance.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm letting it slide cos I think they were testing with Thisara opening the bowling. They found out he was **** wherever he bowls, I'm gonna guess that experiment is done.

Thisara has to basically get 30 of 15 balls batting to cancel out the atrocious 4-5 overs he's gonna bowl (if at all). He might do more for a SL win by not bowling at all even if given the chance.
Mathews bowls 7 overs: "Mathews is always underbowled!!"
Mathews bowls 1 over: "I'll let it slide"

:ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5
You honestly don't have a problem with his selection. Coming off his worst year in ODI cricket, bugger all cricket since last summer, now injured and not even playing domestic cricket. Looked even more down on pace in the Soub African series. We keep hearing how he's NZ's highest rated ODI bowler and he's a just pick but I just saw Australia name their team and Clint McKay was overlooked for a bunch of young proper wicket taking bowlers.
2014 was his only bad year since 2003, and Southee's average for 2014 was also very mediocre (38). Mitch M kept stealing all the wickets.

Henry should be there and Trent "never been good at one day cricket ever" Boult should not.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
On the fastest attack yarn, it's got to be Bond, Marto and O'Brilliant. That was the series Obber started randomly bowling 145-150 before retiring. Henry and co can go all out here because they only have to get through 10 overs. The Bond led attack sustained their speed across a test series.

I suspect Henry would be 135-40 clicks in tests rather than 140+, so about Southee pace.
O'Brien was more 140-146, but yeah he was very sharp by his usual standards.

Howsie

International Captain
2014 was his only bad year since 2003, and Southee's average for 2014 was also very mediocre (38). Mitch M kept stealing all the wickets.

Henry should be there and Trent "never been good at one day cricket ever" Boult should not.
Yeah but Southee isn't 175 years old like Mills. It's just a blip, not decline due to daminishing ability.

viriya

International Captain
Mathews bowls 7 overs: "Mathews is always underbowled!!"
Mathews bowls 1 over: "I'll let it slide"

:ph34r:
It's cos I want to give him the benefit of the doubt in thinking he isn't ******** enough to bowl just 1 over when Thisara bowls 4. If it happens again I would feel like slitting my wrist. Especially in a more tight game.