• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Athlai

Not Terrible
Excellent stuff from the back up tail. Aside from mccullum the rest should hang their heads in shame. Awful

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ will win this. N McCullum and Vettori to spin us to victory. You heard it here first.
Btw jonbrooks, I still think it's a par 270-280 wicket in spite of the fact it is a bit sluggish. We just got to 250 after gifting about 5 wickets.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Basically this.

He hasn't done it for a while, but earlier on Taylor was very much the type of guy who could "do a B-Mac" and get you 60 off 30 or whatever. For quite a while if I'd had to pick someone from the BCs who could throw caution to the wind and was likely to actually get it in the middle, it absolutely would've been Taylor.
I remember when they had that super over bat off in a T20 against the Windies in 2009 they chose Taylor and Oram.

In terms of not getting things in the middle as well as they used to, that is how I used to feel watching Craig McMillan. He of course had issues with diabetes and wearing glasses/contacts. Although he did bounce back and have an excellent final season in 2006/2007 aged 30, the same age as Taylor now.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds like a weird innings, Herath 2-36 off 10 WAG, another early wicket to Kula as well, amazed Lakmal or Prasad still aren't getting a game though, with Dilshan 2 frontline spinners and Jeevan Mendis is excessive, even if the pitch is slow, we need to use these games a little better to ensure our seamers have some confidence and game-time under their belts

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bond and Butler played together in the west indies once. But Butler was never truely fast, just fast in comparison to all his non-Bond contemporaries. The Bond, O'Brien, Martin attack that played in the test we won v Pakistan at Dunedin a few years back is probably the best competition I can think of.