• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Against SL

Watling 221 @ 73.66 SR 82
Fulton 416 @ 52.00 SR 73
Neesham 47 @ infinity SR 94
Franklin 335 @ 30.45 SR 74
Latham 116 @ 29 SR 77
Ronchi 85 @ 28.33* SR 121
Ryder 112 @ 29 SR 96
NcCullum 186 @ 26.57 SR 99
Taylor 328 @ 23.42 SR 74
Guptill 146 @ 20.85 SR 71
Anderson first bat is this innings
McCullum 340 @ 18.88 SR 70 (That was his first 50 against them)

S.O.S Watling

Nah, SOS for Scott Styris - the bloke got a couple of WC hundreds against SL when no one else knew which end of the bat to hold. Bowling option at no 5 too

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
This is a throw away comment that only two of you will find interesting:

Boult is trying to take wickets like it's a test match yet there is largely no slip cordon. McClenaghan gets a million wickets caught at square leg or cover (i am not just referencing this game so don't quibble about those positions) and those are the places the fielders are more likely to be than the slips. I will keep watching the series against SL but at this stage I believe Mitch may be a more valuable ODI contributor.
If Trent wants to carve up he needs to go for more bowleds and lbws.

Howsie

International Captain
How are we rating the bowlers today chaps?

Mitch - 8.5
Milne - 7.5
NcCullum 6.5
Boult - 6
Anderson - 3.5

About right?

Boult probably deserved better figures.
Boult 6? You're having a laugh surely

Thought Milne was the best of the three, a little bit better then Boult. Boult was really unlucky, two genuine edges that could've and should've been snapped up by first slip but instead went for four. Both were awesome early doors. Mitch was completely useless upfront, came back and picked up his usual lucky slog wickets.

Elliott was a good laugh, can't get any worse an innings then that.

Flem274*

123/5
Sounds like a superb rest of the knock from Corey. I missed the last half of his innings but he showed maturity that he hasn't had too much of a chance to yet. Good to know he can bat well outside the slog overs. His best innings?

jcas0167

International Debutant
Elliot got a hard time from parts of the crowd according to Christchurch Star journalist Andrew Voerman on twitter:

Audible heckling of Grant Elliott from the crowd here. Pretty amazing a month out from the WC.
I wouldn’t say they booed him; but there was audible dissatisfaction from quite a few areas of the crowd

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like a superb rest of the knock from Corey. I missed the last half of his innings but he showed maturity that he hasn't had too much of a chance to yet. Good to know he can bat well outside the slog overs. His best innings?
In ODIs yes but not in tests.

It was a better knock than his slog fest century

If Neither Latham or Elliot put their hand up for the number 5 spot then we will be best served by playing an extra bowler or allrounder.

Flem274*

123/5
I haven't paid much attention to the Ford Trophy (Siddons gave a hilarious interview yesterday though on the radio). Is Elliott the only form player right now or are there others?

It's too close to the cup anyway I guess. It's Elliott or Latham.

GGG

State Captain
I have never seen Milne bat, I know it is a small sample but is he as good as his first class statistics suggest?

GGG

State Captain
I haven't paid much attention to the Ford Trophy (Siddons gave a hilarious interview yesterday though on the radio). Is Elliott the only form player right now or are there others?

It's too close to the cup anyway I guess. It's Elliott or Latham.
Or two spinners. Why didn't Elliot bowl? Pretty sure last time he played ODI's we didn't bowl him either.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Or two spinners. Why didn't Elliot bowl? Pretty sure last time he played ODI's we didn't bowl him either.
With my hat on where I read a lot into small but important moments in cricket - I would say it is because Brendon doesn't rate his control over line and length after he bowled like a turkey towards the end of one of his last spells with us.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Boult 6? You're having a laugh surely
0-46 off 10 hardly deserves a 7/10 (if that's what you're suggesting), considering 3 NZ bowlers were more economical on the day and it was hardly a batsman's paradise out there. My 6/10 mark does factor his bad luck.