• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

Athlai

Not Terrible
we're not very good at batting against sri lanka in odis.

Against SL

Watling 221 @ 73.66 SR 82
Fulton 416 @ 52.00 SR 73
Neesham 47 @ infinity SR 94
Franklin 335 @ 30.45 SR 74
Latham 116 @ 29 SR 77
Ronchi 85 @ 28.33* SR 121
Ryder 112 @ 29 SR 96
NcCullum 186 @ 26.57 SR 99
Taylor 328 @ 23.42 SR 74
Guptill 146 @ 20.85 SR 71
Anderson first bat is this innings
McCullum 340 @ 18.88 SR 70 (That was his first 50 against them)

S.O.S Watling

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Against SL

Watling 221 @ 73.66 SR 82
Fulton 416 @ 52.00 SR 73
Neesham 47 @ infinity SR 94
Franklin 335 @ 30.45 SR 74
Latham 116 @ 29 SR 77
Ronchi 85 @ 28.33* SR 121
Ryder 112 @ 29 SR 96
NcCullum 186 @ 26.57 SR 99
Taylor 328 @ 23.42 SR 74
Guptill 146 @ 20.85 SR 71
Anderson first bat is this innings
McCullum 340 @ 18.88 SR 70 (That was his first 50 against them)

S.O.S Watling
Pretty sure those Watling stats were opening as well.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I don't mind this, good opportunity for the middle/late order to get their confidence up and score some runs. It does show though how key Ross Taylor is to controlling the innings through the middle overs.

Choked on my tea while reading this from a fan on CricInfo. We're obviously really struggling according to this guy. :blink:

Salman Khan: "New Zealand looks like a team which is heavily dependent on Mcculum, Taylor and Kane Williamson, if three fails on the same day. The match is pretty much over. They need more consistent and reliable players. They may even lost to Bangladesh and other associates. Their bowlers are top quality but batsmen are on par with Afghanistan."

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't mind this, good opportunity for the middle/late order to get their confidence up and score some runs. It does show though how key Ross Taylor is to controlling the innings through the middle overs.

Choked on my tea while reading this from a fan on CricInfo. We're obviously really struggling according to this guy. :blink:

[/FONT][/COLOR]
I think more casual fans equate the Sri Lankan ODI attack as being as poor as their Test one. It's probably top four material at full strength and competitive anywhere in the world. That said I wouldn't be surprised if Afghanistan sneak a game or two against the big teams. Most naturally talented minnow by a country mile.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

New Zealand looks like a team which is heavily dependent on Mcculum, Taylor and Kane Williamson, if three fails on the same day. The match is pretty much over. They need more consistent and reliable players. They may even lost to Bangladesh and other associates. Their bowlers are top quality but batsmen are on par with Afghanistan.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

I didn't know that the 3 best players failing simultaneously would affect a team.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NcCullum has to be the strangest batsman ever. 90% of the time he can't get within 5 inches the ball & the other 10% he plays freakish match-winning innings.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
NcCullum has to be the strangest batsman ever. 90% of the time he can't get within 5 inches the ball & the other 10% he plays freakish match-winning innings.
the most useful skill as a batsman is knowing how to miss the ball instead of edging it. Nmac has it down well.

Viddly

Cricket Spectator

[/FONT][/COLOR]
He's got a point, after our 3 best batsman we really should have 3 more best batsman waiting. Any team that relies on their best 3 batsman to score most of their runs will be in it trouble any time their best 3 batsman don't score most of their runs.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
All this talk of McCullum's innings winning the match is pissing me off a bit, shortly after he was out Sri Lanka was on top, Corey Anderson and the bowlers have been the real matchwinners IMO