• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Furball

Evil Scotsman
There's no real advantage to bowling last at Bris, it barely changes character from late on day 1 onward. Game's tight, though. Cannot believe the scoring rate.

Haddin's average now almost at Healy-esque levels. He's still keeping well but whoa has his batting dropped right off and fast with some worrying methods of dismissal. He'll play the WC but even the next Ashes must be looking a stretch?
I'm sure England can bowl him back into form for next summer.

Valer

First Class Debutant
play with 10 men then.

5 **** bowlers is no better than 4 **** bowlers.

it's nothing to do with depth and everything to do with quality.

and if your major concern is the bowlers flagging under the workload then they need to review their fitness as this isn't a problem so readily encountered or worried about by other teams.
Parts of (most) quick bowler's runup are anaerobic. You can train as much as you want but your 150th + effort will not be as effective as your first few. You can train so that your 150th run is as good as your first runup used to be but at that point your first runup will be more explosive.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I made some money by putting cash on Umesh to be India's leading wicket-taker in the 1st innings. It was a 11/4 odd, but since he tied with Ishant for 3 wickets each, the eventual payout was 7/8. 87.5% profit isn't bad, so I'll take that.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
but not because they are being over worked, which appears to be the concern.
India's bowlers are being overworked tho, which is why I'd be tempted to play a fifth bowler. It won't make a difference in the context of a one-off test (if anything it's a step backwards), but viewed over the course of a series the benefit accrued by having a fresher bowling attack might offset the loss of runs that Rohit may score at 6.

Rohit's a pretty good fielder tho; so even if Jadeja is better it isn't very significantly.

I'd prefer Irfan Pathan; a bowler who could actually deliver something in these conditions, rather than Jadeja, but Jadeja who is in the squad. And we are already 2 tests into the series. So I'm neither here-nor-there now about if he should play. But I believe that India should play 5 bowlers for every test in a series that is 4 or 5 tests long, for the reason that our frontline quicks are both unfit and get overworked due to being rubbish.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Need Dhawan, Kohli, Rohit and Dhoni to take the attack to the opposition and Pujara to hold ground and keep scoring at his normal rate

Need to score 360 more tomorrow before declaring at stumps. Lyon, Starc and Johnson need to be taken to the cleaners.

Agressive batting, come on...

I take it that you are trying to get an inception win for India? :p

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I've planned to stay awake all night to follow today's play.

Darjeeling tea and test cricket, 12 night-7 AM