• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

cnerd123

likes this
If Irfan Pathan was still around and performing I would advocate a 6-9 of MSD, Ashwin, him and Bhuvi.

As it is our options are Binny and Jadeja. I agree that neither will be a threat with the ball in Australia and at best will give the strike bowlers a break and go at less than 4rpo. Therefore, in the context of a one-off Test, the 6th batsman will be more valuable than they would. The bowling wouldn't significantly improve with them, but the odds of us pulling off a draw with the 6th batsman would increase a lot.

But over the course of the series, what will hurt India is our bowlers breaking down and losing their steam. It has happened over and over and over again. If the 6th batsman was capable of consistently playing long innings and as a batting unit we were capable of batting for a long time, then we could afford to play just 4 bowlers. But that has never happened, and long innings in the field with little rest in between has hurt our bowlers and made them even less effective than they already are. Thats why I advocate playing the fifth bowler.

However the Indian batsmen have done well this series so far, so thats a good sign.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
mmarsh, once again, decides he doesnt want to be out there in stinking hot heat when he could be drowning beers in the dressing room