• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

howardj

International Coach
Fair enough if Mitch and Shaun were the sons of cricketing royalty

You could then perhaps understand them getting lineball selection calls in their favour

But their old man was modestly talented and has a mediocre Test record

They are the sons of Swampy, not Ponting

What's more, they are shockingly injury-prone

Spark

Global Moderator

You could then perhaps understand them getting lineball selection calls in their favour

you do realise this is mmarsh's first poor innings in, like, five digs

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
It sounds silly but I can think of worse ideas that giving Haddin a BBL game before Boxing Day just to see if change of scenery/lack of pressure allows him to get his eye in. His average is 8.8 since the end of the Ashes.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain

From WA so apart from a dad who played they have a lot of support. Don't know how much push Langer has since this has been a thing for a while.

adub

International Captain
Of course Rad was ****ing enormous last summer. So much so that whilst we would still have won without Johnson, I reckon we'd have lost the series without Rad's first innings recovery missions in each match.

But **** me if he hasn't been useless as **** on a bull with the bat since. His hands have been good enough and with Clarke gone and a fair bit of new blood still to really find their feet he's probably under no threat until after Sydney. But...

With P Siddy gone the side does need a Victorian, and everyone knows the best Victorians are the ones playing for New South Wales.

The answer is obvious.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It sounds silly but I can think of worse ideas that giving Haddin a BBL game before Boxing Day just to see if change of scenery/lack of pressure allows him to get his eye in. His average is 8.8 since the end of the Ashes.
Going by the Shane Watson Rule, Haddin should be safe for at least 3 years.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Jesus christ with s marsh, Shane Watson and haddin as guaranteed spots in our side I have no confidence in our batting at all.

dognutz

U19 12th Man
I guess it comes down to whether Haddin is simply out of form or totally gone...hard to say

Last edited: