• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair about the over rate and bowlers, it's been a typical day in Brissy. Been sitting on my arse watching all day and I've been sweating like a married man trying to sneak into a cabaret club.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What are you on about? What has being 3/200 at stumps got to do with openers getting out cheaply?
Erm, he means it's difficult to get day 1 hundreds when scoring rates were that low.

I only partly agree with that. Wouldn't say there are too many other grounds out there where a visiting opening batsman hasn't got a hundred on day 1.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
That's patent bull****. Anyone who saw that incident knows Gavaskar blew up at the lbw, and when he did, Lillee rightly pointed out he should go. This is the worst kind of revisionism by a rank **** on Gavaskar's part.

Shaun Marsh, you spud.
As if you heard the exact words uttered by Lillee!

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Erm, he means it's difficult to get day 1 hundreds when scoring rates were that low.

I only partly agree with that. Wouldn't say there are too many other grounds out there where a visiting opening batsman hasn't got a hundred on day 1.
But the record isn't about day 1 hundreds, is it?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This partnership will have to cash in and they are doing a good job of that. There is not much batting to come after this. Rohit Sharma is as useless as Dhawan in Australia. Actually, I bet on Dhoni to make more runs than Rohit in this series, including the first test. Rohit to fail, Dhoni and Ashwin to forge a 50 partnership and then the remaining wickets to fall within 20 runs. So, I just expect 70 more runs to be added to the score if any wicket falls in this partnership.
non-monetary bets are not bets

OverratedSanity

I thought Rohit did a good job today. Time he came in wasn't easy... Vijay just got out and the new ball was due in a few overs. He atleast ensured that Vijay's good work wasn't squandered, because another wicket there would've spelled huge trouble with Dhoni coming in against the new ball : always a recipe for disaster.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I made a small amount by betting that Dhawan won't score a century in first innings in Brisbane. Easy money.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How much would Sean Abbott be behind Starc ?
Interesting question. Assuming the selectors now think Johnson, Harris and Hazlewood are our 3 best with Starc at number 4. The gap has shortened considerably of late. You go through the state teams and I think its fair to think that Siddle, Bird, Hilfenhaus, Pattinson, Cummins and Coulter-Nile are seen to be ahead.

But then from the next group of players, the likes of Sayers, Cutting, Rainbird, Bollinger, Sandhu and Behrendorff, I think that Abbott is going to get picked ahead of all of them even if the likes of Sayers has an amazing record, Doug has test experience, etc.. Abbott has not only selector Mark Waugh on his side, but the general public want him to do well and for whatever reason players like this are given more opportunities.

So to answer your question, 6 bowlers behind (with half of them currently injured/coming back from injury).

Top_Cat

Abbott would have to bowl well for a lot longer to be ahead of Cutting even with his fairly ordinary start to this season, I think. Might be level with Behrendorff and/or Kane Richo. It's much of a muchness but you'd imagine he wouldn't be in line for a Test spot until he plays some Aus A at least.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
EDITED: inappropriate

FTR, was the "Loosest Aussie Blokes - Test Commentary" link for those with the inclination

Last edited by a moderator: