• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

cnerd123

likes this
GG India.

Dhawan's failings aren't a surprise. Atleast he saw off the new ball today. If Rahane isn't up to opening I can't think of any suitable replacement. Maybe send Rohit up? Keeps him away from Lyon for a while. Or bring Rahul Jnr. in and see what he can do.

anil1405

International Captain
Dhawan won't be dropped in this test series....so lets just hope he plays one very good knock in his remaining five innings.

biased indian

International Coach
56 Vijay and Shikhar Dhawan's partnership for the first wicket. There has been only one other50-plus stand for the first wicket in the first innings of a Test at the Gabba - Bruce Edgar and John Wright posted 64 runs in 1980.

Above stat from cricinfo..any one know is it for touring team or includes Aussies ?..thats an interesting stat though

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
56 Vijay and Shikhar Dhawan's partnership for the first wicket. There has been only one other50-plus stand for the first wicket in the first innings of a Test at the Gabba - Bruce Edgar and John Wright posted 64 runs in 1980.

Above stat from cricinfo..any one know is it for touring team or includes Aussies ?..thats an interesting stat though
for touring team

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Fair enough. If the Indian batsmen needed ice packs around their necks its no wonder the bowlers would struggle.

Has to be a nightmare of first day as captain though

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
How hot was it? I recall it being 44 degrees one day in the Perth Ashes test 3 years ago, but I guess it was more the humidity in Brisbane yesterday that was the problem?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How hot was it? I recall it being 44 degrees one day in the Perth Ashes test 3 years ago, but I guess it was more the humidity in Brisbane yesterday that was the problem?
Yeah, was low-30s but in Brisbane, the humidity makes it feel 10+ degrees hotter and/or that you're going to die.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Without our best bat and bowler we really needed spud to hold 1 of those 2 catches. The injury to MMarsh and the conditions just compounded things. It happens. Are those storms still due? They should help conditions if they don't stop all play.

Justo

U19 Debutant
There was light rain in the area last night (I live a few hours away though so don't know if rained at the Gabba) and conditions IMO are probably more oppressive today than yesterday because of increased humidity. Tomorrow should be similar with things cooling down significantly over the weekend.

Storms are predicted for today but aren't expected until late in the day around 5:00 PM or so.

JBMAC

State Captain
Apparently the barman from one of the bars took his thermometer out and left it there for the llunch break and it reached 53 degrees in the middle. High humidity made the conditions almost intolerable. Having said that The Gabba has always been hot but now it is fully enclosed by stands there is no natural breeze to cool things down.I have played there many times back in the fifties and sixties and it was hot then but when the sea breeze came in early afternoon there was a considerable drop in temperature