• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FWIW, my source (granted this was a couple of months ago)

"I have big concerns about Patto, I was at the MCG recently for a junior clinic. Patto was in the nets, bowling fastish - for thirty balls only. I took a bit of footage on the Ipad. I ran in to him later and had a chat and said words to the effect of "what are you up to" - noting that I know him casually through having done a coaching course with him. He told me they are trying to change his action from front on to side on and they expect it to take three months before he will be right to bowl in games.................

From the footage I took - I could see no discernible change in his action. He didn't seem overly confident in things. Be worried, very worried."

So while he may come back in the near future.....his Test future is iffy.

pretty sure this guy also thinks U8s cricket is why they are no good shield batsmen or some rubbish. he's certainly believes in his opinions

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** you SMarsh.

Haze & Starc were only suffering because of the heat right? Nothing more serious I hope.

Zinzan

I think this world cup will be his last. May hang around a bit more but cannot see him staying more than 6-8 months beyond the world cup maximum. The thing is, Dhoni is a bit institutionalized in the sense that he is the Vice Chairman of India Cements. The men in power would want him to stay as long as possible. I cannot see many Indian test captains survive like he did the mauling in England, Australia, and again England this time without the backing he has from the powers.

Another aspect is that the hold of Srinivasan might be slipping a bit with the constant court cases. I can see Srinivasan get out of power in 6-8 months as well. He might decide to foray other interests as Indian cricket gets too messy for his own good.

Dhoni would still make a lot of money out of the IPL I would think. He does not look that geed up about international cricket any more. We have to understand that while Dhoni is just 33, 10 years of constant cricket in today's age where there is some tournament going on always takes quite a toll. Even after the 2011 World Cup, Dhoni had wondered if he would be able to continue till the 2015 world cup. He has but I don't see him playing international cricket in 12 months time.
Pleased to hear it, because as great as Dhoni has been for Indian cricket as both a leader & a personality, I feel Kohli will take the team to a new level, particularly in terms of intensity.

Stapel

International Regular
Don't think he will retire from ODI's or T20s yet. And he shouldn't.

Tests yeah.
Do ODI's mean thta much more to Indians than Tests? I can that when it concerns an ODI worldcup, but otherwise?

Dhoni would, imho, make it into any Test XI currently active in the world.

harsh.ag

Vijay was very good today, especially after his hundred, and so was Rahane. It was an exhibition in the third session. Loved it. Plus Rohit Sharma is still weird. And we need to talk about finding a replacement for Dhawan. Walking wicket. Isn't helping Pujara any, whose backfoot game needs work now. Great day.

How hot is Gabba at the moment? Haven't seen play being stopped due to the heat before in a test.

Its days like this you remember how much working during test cricket stinks
Stay at work, you.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
FWIW, my source (granted this was a couple of months ago)

"I have big concerns about Patto, I was at the MCG recently for a junior clinic. Patto was in the nets, bowling fastish - for thirty balls only. I took a bit of footage on the Ipad. I ran in to him later and had a chat and said words to the effect of "what are you up to" - noting that I know him casually through having done a coaching course with him. He told me they are trying to change his action from front on to side on and they expect it to take three months before he will be right to bowl in games.................

From the footage I took - I could see no discernible change in his action. He didn't seem overly confident in things. Be worried, very worried."

So while he may come back in the near future.....his Test future is iffy.
The transition to side on has already happened as per the video I linked earlier.

He's been bowling since the start of the season in Melbourne, but didn't want him to be bowling in match conditions so that he'd lose the changes that they'd been working on under match pressure.

harsh.ag

Wait wat?? Haven't seen or followed any of today's play...........did they come off the field because it was too hot?
It seemed that way while I was watching it live, because all the pacers were cramping and having problems. Apparently, the play time was extended by half an hour, and the Aussies still managed to fall 7 overs short of 90. Meh.

Midwinter

State Captain
While Starceh has done well in the shield, having him and Johnson in the same team means having the same bowler twice.

His line and length were very poor today.

Haze has done well but there is a lack of pressure at the other end. Was hoping MMarsh would be able to keep it tight while Johnson/Starc /Lyon bowled from the other end.

Johnson's performance today and in the last test hasn't had the impact of last summer. Has he lost it ? is he back to the old Mitchell "Bloody" Johnson ?

No one has mentioned Bird, is he a chance for this series ?

Flem274*

123/5
While Starceh has done well in the shield, having him and Johnson in the same team means having the same bowler twice.

His line and length were very poor today.

Haze has done well but there is a lack of pressure at the other end. Was hoping MMarsh would be able to keep it tight while Johnson/Starc /Lyon bowled from the other end.

Johnson's performance today and in the last test hasn't had the impact of last summer. Has he lost it ? is he back to the old Mitchell "Bloody" Johnson ?

No one has mentioned Bird, is he a chance for this series ?
I wouldn't say the two Mitches are similar.

morgieb

Marsh being out is a slight nuisance but Watson looked pretty solid this Test anyway so meh. Good that Haze and Starc aren't suffering from anything too serious.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Well, not really. Say Australia bats in half of them, then you've got a whole heap of pre 1990 or so tests where teams would go all day and be 3/190 or 200 at stumps. Good knock though, the SMarsh fail notwithstanding.
What are you on about? What has being 3/200 at stumps got to do with openers getting out cheaply?