• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Teja.

Global Moderator
Aussie comms seem to love Dhoni even though he hasn't done anything in the tests in AUS.
The whole Australlian/English commentary team with the exception of Nass/Athers seems to view Dhoni as the second coming of Laxman in terms of playing innings' in dire situations based on his ODI epics. Really reflects poorly on how much they watch test cricket outside the games they commentate on.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If the bowlers who've gone off really are badly injured and can't bowl too much after this, we simply have to take advantage and get a massive score. Nothing less than 500 imo. Hopefully these two realise that and don't throw it away.
Except for Marsh, rest didn't seem too serious. Possibly heat and humidity taking it's toll.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really good day. Gutted for Pujara because I think he would've piled them on here, but overall, couldn't have asked for better. Great show by Vijay and Rahane. :)

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
The whole Australlian/English commentary team with the exception of Nass/Athers seems to view Dhoni as the second coming of Laxman in terms of playing innings' in dire situations based on his ODI epics. Really reflects poorly on how much they watch test cricket outside the games they commentate on.
Which is ironic considering that these comms would have watched Dhoni on previous AUS tours lol. But yeah I figured, I'm just amazed they keep going on about it though, been talking about him the whole day.

Teja.

Global Moderator
311/4 with two front-line pacers affected by injury sets up a day with a lot of potential for India. Need to cash in tomorrow.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Awful for Australia that Hazelwood and Marsh have been their best bowlers. Others have been spanked pretty bad.

It really must be hot out there...saw that slow-mo they showed of Marsh running in and the sweat literally spraying off him

Zinzan

The light seemed fine.

Why can't they just continue playing ? This rule always seems strange.
I don't get it either, perhaps it's the national 9 news they're worried about. They used to often go over time & delay the news broadcast if they needed to.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nah, the extra half an hour went over the news. Think that might have been why the rule started, but I reckon there'd be other reasons for that ruling now.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
At first I was wondering why haddin to warner
a) stood so far back
b) didn't stand up

then I realised it made warner seem faster so it was probably a good move