• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Flem274*

123/5
I'm surprised Warner doesn't have the same attitude to medium pace bowling as Craig McMillan.

Six bouncers per over ftr.

Teja.

Global Moderator
These are the type of situations which will determine whether Rahane will be a great of the game or merely a very good batsman who can play great innings. We already know he can score the 97/230 and 111/250 knocks in tough situations v. good attacks but you also need to kick on from 55* when the team is at 286/4 and do your best to set up a big total first up.

Teja.

Global Moderator
What do people think about the potential of Smith's leg spin? IIRC, when he was first selected the buzz on CW was that he had a couple of great FC bowling performances which indicated very definite potential in the department and is FC average was misleading. Obviously I agree his priorities have shifted.

viriya

International Captain
Jesus, Sharma looks like a bunny when defending vs. Lyon and the second coming when attacking.
He didn't play his natural game at Brisbane.. should've looked to score instead of defend and Ind would've prob pulled it off.

Teja.

Global Moderator
So guys, Vijay or Ganguly's Gabba 144, which was better?
Ganguly's was '***ier' and also set the tone for India to bat well for the rest of the series but Vijay's is better in terms of actual technical/situational merit IMO.

Flem274*

123/5
What do people think about the potential of Smith's leg spin? IIRC, when he was first selected the buzz on CW was that he had a couple of great FC bowling performances which indicated very definite potential in the department and is FC average was misleading. Obviously I agree his priorities have shifted.
I reckon it's getting lesser as his batting career goes on. He's rightly going to be the big guy in the middle order when Clarke goes so any bowling he does is a bonus, but because he'll neglect it his potential will decrease over time.

Flem274*

123/5
Are Australia trying on a cameo of imitating 90/00s England and New Zealand? They're a very good team*.

*when they're fit to play.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never rated his bowling tbh.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I know it's been said numerous times, but how this bloke was behind Yuvraj and Raina for so long is beyond me.
He definitely should have played earlier but I sorta like how this timing allowed him to mini-Bradman Indian FC cricket for a couple of years and gave him the hardest possible induction into test cricket, 4 away series against quality pace outside the sub-continent and how he has coped beautifully. Hope he does cash in against **** bowling attacks at home too though. :ph34r:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Johnson to Rahane, FOUR, very full outside off, and Rahane jams his bat down on it and it bounces over the leaping point fielder and races away to the boundary
Heaps of runs in this track.