• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ganguly's was '***ier' and also set the tone for India to bat well for the rest of the series but Vijay's is better in terms of actual technical/situational merit IMO.
Hmmm, situational merit? Not sure... we were in a lot of trouble when Ganguly came in.

viriya

International Captain
Aus really have a problem with their bowling atm.. taking the new ball might bite them in the ass..

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
He definitely should have played earlier but I sorta like how this timing allowed him to mini-Bradman Indian FC cricket for a couple of years and gave him the hardest possible induction into test cricket, 4 away series against quality pace outside the sub-continent and how he has coped beautifully. Hope he does cash in against **** bowling attacks at home too though. :ph34r:
He was also basically 12th men for around 1 year. Got extended after he told the selectors he wasn't keen on opening for few months.

Raina, Yuvraj kept getting selected basically for their ODI and T20 stuff. Even Rohit jumped over him despite him outperforming Rohit playing for the same team domestically.

Howe_zat

Audio File
What's the point of Starc if he doesn't get the second new ball

That's like picking Simon Jones and not giving him a bottlecap

Flem274*

123/5
I told you guys Siddle would be back.

One glass figurine walks off and the ball goes to another glass figurine to finish the over. It's Gough and Caddick or Cairns and Nash all over again.

How are Patto and Cummins atm? I'd love to see them get a crack in tandem.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I mean in defense of Smith, today has to have some sort of record for the number of times the physio has entered the pitch.

morgieb

I told you guys Siddle would be back.

One glass figurine walks off and the ball goes to another glass figurine to finish the over. It's Gough and Caddick or Cairns and Nash all over again.

How are Patto and Cummins atm? I'd love to see them get a crack in tandem.
Patto isn't back from injury yet. And I've heard sources saying the outlook for him is grave.

Cummins is fit but is up in cotton wool, NSW aren't risking him for whatever reason.

OverratedSanity

If the bowlers who've gone off really are badly injured and can't bowl too much after this, we simply have to take advantage and get a massive score. Nothing less than 500 imo. Hopefully these two realise that and don't throw it away.

Spark

Global Moderator
Patto isn't back from injury yet. And I've heard sources saying the outlook for him is grave.

Cummins is fit but is up in cotton wool, NSW aren't risking him for whatever reason.
you keep saying this but i haven't heard anyone else confirm it

Zinzan

A sign it must be ** hot when Indian batsmen need cold towels to cool them down. Most of them wore their jerseys in the field in NZ last year, even when it was 25 degrees.