• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

dermo

International Vice-Captain
...and your mediocre batting to 2/10...
nah our batting is a different story on these sort of wickets, sure we're **** in the subcontinent and average in england but we've always been good on aus/sa style wickets

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
That pitch doesn't look that juicy tbh. Given the climate and how much the pitch can crack in the latter stages I'd be worried if there was no grass on it the day before the test.

Tangles

Rhino smells like a resting after reading the statement. Not an injury but a knock so he can sit out his home test. FU Howard.

Tangles

Healy was saying at Adelaide that it had been under cover for days due to wet weather. But it's Healy so ...

Flem274*

123/5
As I've said many times, this plays into India's hands. Doesn't mean they'll win, far from that. But it'll reduce the gap between India's crud bowlers and Australia's good bowlers.
Yeah if she's a green one Australia might Basin Reserve themselves.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With Clarke and Harris gone, I fancy our chances if it's a green seamer.
You're joking aren't you? Adelaide was the closest India will get to a non bouncing deck. It'll seam a bit first morning then flatten out to a true but bouncy track (rain excepted). You favour India in those conditions?

OverratedSanity

You're joking aren't you? Adelaide was the closest India will get to a non bouncing deck. It'll seam a bit first morning then flatten out to a true but bouncy track (rain excepted). You favour India in those conditions?
If it offers significant seam movement for longer than you say, then yeah, definitely. Even if it's only first morning, and we get to bowl, then why not? It's the only conditions where our bowlers have a chance of bowling you guys out. Johannesburg seamed on day 1 and 2, we almost won after bowling SA out cheaply in the first innings. Lords was a greentop on day 1 and offered pretty decent help even after that. We won. Wellington was a greentop on day 1, we bowled NZ out and almost won.

The way Shami and Aaron bowled in Adelaide, there's no other scenario currently where I can see our bowlers get close to twenty wickets.

Flem274*

123/5
Is it too bitchy to say India didn't almost win at Wellington? They did spend three days being dominated by McCullum, Watling and Neesham. India should have won, but they didn't almost win.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Siddle out for Starc has annoyed me. I had come to terms with Haze playing but with Rhino out I would have retained the experienced Siddle who has a test hattrick at the ground, because realistically his last 3 tests have been at venues not really suited to his bowling. Not trying to make an excuse though as he hasnt looked threatning
in those matches.

Also re: batting. Imagine if warner and smith both fail, our batting is a complete liability if these two have an off day.

Last edited:

Burgey

If it offers significant seam movement for longer than you say, then yeah, definitely. Even if it's only first morning, and we get to bowl, then why not? It's the only conditions where our bowlers have a chance of bowling you guys out. Johannesburg seamed on day 1 and 2, we almost won after bowling SA out cheaply in the first innings. Lords was a greentop on day 1 and offered pretty decent help even after that. We won. Wellington was a greentop on day 1, we bowled NZ out and almost won.

The way Shami and Aaron bowled in Adelaide, there's no other scenario currently where I can see our bowlers get close to twenty wickets.
Yeah, but you're assuming australia won't like bowling on it too. India batted well for long parts in Adelaide, but still lost 20 wickets. If Australia is going to lose Harris it may as well be in Brisbane where the other quicks will get a lot out of it, even if it's bounce-wise. Johnson in Brisbane vs Johnson in Adelaide are two completely different things.

Hazelwood will own this. The kid is going to be a really, really good bowler.

Outswing with bounce @ 140+. Winning since 1877.

Burgey

Siddle out for Starc has annoyed me. I had come to terms with Haze playing but with Rhino out I would have retained the experienced Siddle who has a test hattrick at the ground, because realistically his last 3 tests have been at venues not really suited to his bowling. Not trying to make an excuse though as he hasnt looked threatning
in those matches.

Also re: batting. Imagine if warner and smith both fail, our batting is a complete liability if these two have an off day.
Yeah Siddle can consider himself a bit unlucky given Harris is out, but I think they just lost patience. His last ten tests have been ordinary, and although the surfaces haven't always suited him, he used to bowl well in them when he was younger, like his dayboo in India years back.

It's a good point re the batting. I expect Haddin to step up here, but there's a real weakness with Watson at three.

OverratedSanity

Yeah, but you're assuming australia won't like bowling on it too. India batted well for long parts in Adelaide, but still lost 20 wickets. If Australia is going to lose Harris it may as well be in Brisbane where the other quicks will get a lot out of it, even if it's bounce-wise. Johnson in Brisbane vs Johnson in Adelaide are two completely different things.

Hazelwood will own this. The kid is going to be a really, really good bowler.

Outswing with bounce @ 140+. Winning since 1877.
My assumption is that the pitch is a completely bowler friendly surface... one where regardless of the quality of the pacer, wickets will fall. If Brisbane is anything like Wellington on day 1, even Ishant has a chance of being as destructive as Johnson. Now, if it's just a true surface (which it probably will) which only helps truly good bowling, and not an out and out greentop , we'll be destroyed because Johnson and Hazelwood will tear it up and Shami and Ishant will concede 450.

OverratedSanity

Is it too bitchy to say India didn't almost win at Wellington? They did spend three days being dominated by McCullum, Watling and Neesham. India should have won, but they didn't almost win.
Also, this Wellington test was the perfect example of what's wrong with our bowling. 1st innings, Shami and Ishant ran through NZ, but probably any test quality pacer would have too because the conditions were very conducive. In the second innings, I don't tink our bowlers bowled at all badly, perse. They weren't bowling filth outside off, they generally did bowl tight lines. But because they weren't good enough to get anything out of the pitch, they were utterly toothless. Our pacers are entirely reliant on the pitch to provide them assistance.