• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone noticed how he just so happened to be backstage? I can't believe he won even a tenth of the votes.
It's rigged. They can't even hide it. There's no way Reigns won a public vote beating out Cena and Bryan. It's ok, though... They want to push him as the next top guy and stuff like this probably gives him more exposure and credibility in the eyes of casual fans.

Sad thing is, with this sort of inorganic push where he hasn't really been 'selected' by the crowd by really getting over with them, it's inevitable that the crowd will turn on him quick. It's a shame, because I like him and the potential is obvious.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That award also kinda showed how full of **** Vince us about Cesaro aand the other guys backstage.... He talks about Cesaro not being charismatic enough to cut a good promo, which is utter rubbish, and yet the guy they've already selected as the next face of the company is so obviously awkward on the mic when he's accepting an award.

andmark

International Captain
Consulting your legal expertise Sledger: is it actually illegal to make people think that by using a product (WWE app or whatever it was done on) they'll be choosing the winners of rewards. Strikes me as some sort of fraud

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I suspect not. Not sure what the position is in the US, but in the UK you can only be convicted of fraud if through making a misrepresentation you make financial gain for yourself or cause loss to another. In any event, I am sure the WWE has all of the terms and conditions for participating in the Slammy polls available on their website, and they probably state in no uncertain terms that there was a possibility of what happened happening.

andmark

International Captain
That award also kinda showed how full of **** Vince us about Cesaro aand the other guys backstage.... He talks about Cesaro not being charismatic enough to cut a good promo, which is utter rubbish, and yet the guy they've already selected as the next face of the company is so obviously awkward on the mic when he's accepting an award.
Eagerly awaiting a Cesaro face turn. He can (and has in the past) got over by simply doing good wrestling. If his reactions go quiet, they could simply allow him to do this:

andmark

International Captain
Been looking forward to an eventual Zayn- Neville title match for months. It airs tomorrow night here, was it up to expectations?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's weird, how NXT, with a similar-sized arena and so on just seems so much more grand and impressive than TNA. I was thinking the other day how there's just something about TNA's product that really just screams second or third rate. It's not the lack of production values or anything like that (as evidenced by NXT), but it's just impossible to take it seriously. The opposite is true of NXT.

Mike5181

International Captain
This is the first time I've seen much of him, but I like this Sami Zayn guy. He's talented on the mic and his in-ring work looks really good too. Doesn't have the greatest look, but it's passable with the pants and beard. The only complaint I have is that his entrance doesn't seem to match his intensity. Watching the build-up, the promos etc, the passion that he displays - then he comes out dancing. Doesn't look right, but maybe I'll learn to like it.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
The show really did exceed expectations. And without matches from Breeze or Kidd. It is not as if they are stretching themselves to the limit here, they still have cards to play. Heck, they didn't even blow off the Dempsey and Corbin feud (which surely will be a disappointing match but who cares). Even their resident jobber (CJ Parker) is an entertaining character who has star potential and was very impressive when I saw him at Wrestlemania Axxess - that palm strike is brutal! I think NXT has been a bit lucky with the talent that has been out there for them to immediately acquire but they sure have managed it all very well!

andmark

International Captain
Finn Balor's entrance was the best entrance I can remember with a probable exception of Undertaker. That neckbreaker thing Owens did was the sort of stuff the make Vince McMahon vomit. With all of these guys there, NXT looks like a well funded indy show- I read one comment saying ROH is NXT's developmental.

Where do they go from here? Zayn and Owens will be fighting each other, but then if Owens loses when the rivalry culminates, his entrance into NXT would've been a bit flat. Equally if Zayn loses, then his title reign would've been ridiculously short. Tough stuff. Itami and Balor have to win the tag title imo. In terms of the women, it depends on whether Charlotte is going on the main roster permanently.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
This is the first time I've seen much of him, but I like this Sami Zayn guy. He's talented on the mic and his in-ring work looks really good too. Doesn't have the greatest look, but it's passable with the pants and beard. The only complaint I have is that his entrance doesn't seem to match his intensity. Watching the build-up, the promos etc, the passion that he displays - then he comes out dancing. Doesn't look right, but maybe I'll learn to like it.
Sami Zayn is amazing. It is a common view for people to think that he should have won 'superstar of the year'. He has lost quite a few big matches and the fans never lost faith because he's so believable.