• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyway, was watching Lucha Underground and I'm starting to fall in love with it. Has an amazing style and all the wrestler back storiesaare awesome. Del Rio will join next year as the Patrone, supposedly the owner of the business or some big authority figure. Perfect guy for the role.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I "got upset" because you were clearly misunderstanding me in a way which seems purposely. You're argument here is that I slightly misused a word- which is a perfect example of pedantry. I don't want to make this too serious but you didn't apply the common sense to see that I was referring to the stuff before Wrestlemania- who on Earth would say he was mistreated at Wrestlemania? Considering what did happen before Wrestlemania, did I really need to provide evidence to make it a fool proof deductive argument? The only fair way you could disagree with it is to say that it was a big storyline with Bryan's win planned all along, in which case that would have been an interesting debate. But it's simply common sense that when I said that Daniel Bryan was mistreated, I meant the stuff before he won.
Bryan not immediately being put in the WM ME =/= being treated badly. You might think he ought to have been, and I do too, but at no stage was he "mistreated".

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's not potentially anything. There was no mistreatment. Like I say, you might believe he should have been automatically been put into the ME. The fact that he was not is not akin to him suffering any great injustice.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think the way it worked out was for the best in the end. That's about as much as I care to comment on this episode.

andmark

International Captain
GIMH is right that "all's well that ends well". But the fact that it took crowds destroying promos and title matches (e.g Orton vs Cena at the Royal Rumble- obviously the PPV which was probably the turning point) means that he was. The WWE should've seen that he should've been in the WM ME before the Royal Rumble.

andmark

International Captain
Don't mean to re-start that argument earlier (rather the opposite), but I can still sense a tension here, so I'll avoid this thread for a while to disperse of it.

cover drive man

International Captain
Batista vs Orton would have been hilarious as a main event. The first time in history that the wrestlemania main event would be a bathroom break haha

OverratedSanity

Well well. Doing a Brock then? Lots of people will start saying now that he's doing this because he thinks it'll get him in a possible wrestlemania main event in the future. Doubt it's that, though .

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Watching this week's NXT and NXT in general, you just see how content is just so much better if it is less exposed and in a more intimate setting. Everything is lost in 3 hours in a massive setting unless the show is red-hot. NXT just does everything right by keeping it simple. It is not as if it is bland good wrestling either, Tyson Kidd, Tyler Breeze, Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, Charlotte, Banks and Bayley are all very good characters. Even the very basic Corbin and Dempsey rivalry is pretty gripping. If WWE had to produce just 2 hours of TV per week (not including NXT), I think the content would be incredibly high!

OverratedSanity

I'm really excited for Zayn. Think he could very well be the next big thing for the WWE. Has the E look, and is amazing in the ring. His match with Cesaro last year in NXT was incredible. One of the best matches of the year and that through the turnbuckle tornado ddt of his just blows my mind. He has a moveset which will get him popular with the fans pretty easily, but I just hope the WWE don't
waste it like they're doing with Cesaro a bit.

Here's that match btw for anyone who hasn't watched it... The last 5 minutes especially are just godlike.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
So Punk has signed for UFC
Yeah. Not sure what to make of it. It is a win/win for UFC. Not sure what Punk gets out of it except money. If he wins a few fights against select opponents then he will bring bums on seats, PPV buys and lots of attention to UFC. If he fails then DW gets one over on Vince Jr by taking what was one of his star performers and making him look like a cloud and further showing wrestling and fighting are not related.

andmark

International Captain
Slammys tonight my fellow wrestling fans! Predictions of selected awards:

Superstar of the year: Daniel Bryan
Match of the year: Bryan vs Batista vs Orton
Diva of the year: AJ
NXT Superstar of the year: Sami Zayn
Team of the year: Miz and Mizdow

OverratedSanity

On what planet was Roman Reigns superstar of the year?
Haha yeah, no way should he have been given that award. But the WWE is pushing him as the next guy so they need to give him some accolades so that people start buying into him. Rollins deserved it if the Slammys were real.