• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They wouldn't make this call without sufficient communication with the BCCI you'd think. Likely already happening.

Don't think it will be cancelled anyway tbh, but I'm sure there has been dialogue between all parties over the last few hours.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's unlikely, however, I wouldn't be surprised if the Australian team is nearly unrecognisable from the one initially named.

brockley

International Captain
Surely they wouldn't cancel,big stick there,some players may withdraw tho.
It would never happen CA would enforce it.

The Hughes drama seems to look to sideline the first test,don't expect many crowds coming,as well India are good a Sri Lanka overseas.

blue70

Cricket Spectator
Similar injury to a player in 88, he was out of hospital in a week. Fingers crossed PH will be that or faster. 1st Test will go ahead. When PH is conscious, I'm sure he will encourage his mates to not let this stop them playing the game they love

howardj

International Coach
Cricketer Phillip Hughes is breathing only with the assistance of medical technology after he was struck by a bouncer that damaged a major artery in the back of his head, broadcaster Alan Jones said on Thursday morning.
Jones, a Sydney Cricket Ground trustee and a friend of the injured 25-year-old, said Thursday was a critical day in the treatment of Hughes, who is in an induced coma after suffering an injury that was "much more serious than anyone had imagined".
A clearly emotional Jones said on his 2GB radio program on Thursday that he had been told that the "neurology is very, very bad, or in the language that the layman understands, the brain is very sick".
"What happened is that the blow from the cricket ball damaged ... a major artery in the back of his head and that caused bleeding over the skull and prevented blood from going to the brain," Jones said.
"Today is a critical day. I repeat, this is much more serious than anyone imagined. Medical technology is currently breathing for him. The brain is very sick and we pray for miracles."

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Dunno what was said, but seriously guy's no fighting here today...........we're all cricket fans in mourning and we should all be one right now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How many Tests are there meant to be?

You'd wonder if the first might get binned. A lot to ask these blokes to come out and play this time next week when they've just lost a team mate in action.

If it does go ahead it's gonna be poignant. But ultimately I guess the show has to go on at some point

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
They can't possibly be expected to play next week........these blokes are going to be an absolute mess.

Brisbane sure to cancelled.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even if the first test is cancelled most of the guys are just not going to be able to play the series, i'd be surprised if anyone could in the domestic competition right now.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There's always two ways you can go in these situations

On the one hand it can be hard to care about a Test series in these circumstances

On the other it's the cliche but 'Hughes would want it to continue' I have no idea if he would but that's the outlook people take

Time will tell I guess but for me the first Test should be binned and then take it from there

Blocky

Banned

On the one hand it can be hard to care about a Test series in these circumstances

On the other it's the cliche but 'Hughes would want it to continue' I have no idea if he would but that's the outlook people take

Time will tell I guess but for me the first Test should be binned and then take it from there
That was my thought within the post I made - Hughes himself would want the guys to play and would want them to go out there and win, but that's no small feat when they seem to be as close to him as they were.

OverratedSanity

It's going to be difficult for me to watch the match if it happens. Can't imagine how sickening it'll be for them to actually go out there and play.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It is too soon to play the game imo. While I would like the first test to not happen, I am not sure what the sponsorship implications would be. I think it will carry on.

This test series will have a whole different thing about it now though. This is so so sad man.

Burgey

It's going to be difficult for me to watch the match if it happens. Can't imagine how sickening it'll be for them to actually go out there and play.
Which radio station was the bloke talking on whom you mentioned on that other post of yours mate?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

Yeah, get what you mean by the 2 ways of handling it. I'm sure if they do go ahead next week (like you I sincerely hope they don't) some of the players will be able to get themselves up for it with a lets go and do this for Hughesy attitude, and then play the best cricket of their lives as they have the biggest possible motivation.

Trouble is there are 11 people in a cricket team and not everyone can or will cope the same way, it's very unfair on those that can't get themselves up like that to be put in that situation and be expected to.

That said, what is going to change before Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney or even the WC? Who is in a position to say to any of them it's time to get back to business?