• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

cnerd123

likes this
Also Ojha needs to score more runs till I'm convinced of his ability - he may be the man in form now, but from what I remember seeing of him he isn't that proficient a batsman. Seems more like a flat track bully.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Re Karn Shamra v Ashwin, I am not convinced Ashwin is the better option. Karn Sharma is green yes, but he turns it at a fast pace, which can mean better bounce on Aussie wickets. Sharma will take some getting used to the Australian pitches. I can't say either of the two bowlers are most consistent when it comes to maintaining the line, but when it comes to taking wickets, I can see myself preferring Karn Sharma. Neither fill me with a lot of confident, mind.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obviously it's too early to know the outcome of Phil Hughes' situation, but you wonder what kind of mental and emotional shape a lot of the Australian players are going to be in next Thursday.

brockley

International Captain
Thanx for the info pratters,off spinners rarely do well here,especially when they come from overseas.
Habajan,Ashwin,Swann and Muralli have terrible numbers here,But would be surprised if Ashwin doesn't play the first 2 tests.(especially with his batting).
Leg spin,few leg spinners in the country playing first class,so we are not as good as we used to be at it,when there was a leggie in every state side.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Obviously it's too early to know the outcome of Phil Hughes' situation, but you wonder what kind of mental and emotional shape a lot of the Australian players are going to be in next Thursday.
Hope it doesn't deter our bowlers from bowling bouncers.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah, what happened to Hughes is sad but this really is part and parcel of the game. Fast bowler trying to scare the crap out of the batsman,

blue70

Cricket Spectator
Very much looking forward to this series. Great batting team versus great bowling team. When both teams are on it will be a very very good match, is one team is off, the other will run away with it

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
To be honest this series is a big fizzle now.

Just couldnt imagine mitch coming in to bowl how he normally would under the circumstances - as one example. Not to mention half the players are in the hospital every day visiting him

Spikey

If things remain as they are, it's hard to imagine it being cancelled, although marketing events might be cancelled. If there's a negative turn it could and probably should be postponed/cancelled

cnerd123

likes this
I don't see much point in playing the first Test if half the squad is either not up to it or have stood down.

Sure there will be financial repercussions; but this is a pretty unique situation and I'm sure exceptions can be made by all parties involved.

Spikey

CA cover the attendance loses for the state association (I think), have got a hefty war chest stored up and could easily reschedule some LO matches later to help make it up, so I doubt that'd be an issue anyway

Blocky

Banned
Test most definitely will not be cancelled, the BCCI would have lawyers all over the Australian Cricket Board for loss of revenue, not to mention the ACB will have already planned/spent the revenue they get from a profitable Indian tour.

cnerd123

likes this
I doubt the BCCI would sue in these circumstances. The WICB ****ed up; you can hardly blame CA for a squad member ending up in a coma. As heartless as the BCCI are I'm sure they can show some sensitivity in these circumstances.

...actually im not that sure.

Burgey

Test most definitely will not be cancelled, the BCCI would have lawyers all over the Australian Cricket Board for loss of revenue, not to mention the ACB will have already planned/spent the revenue they get from a profitable Indian tour.
And they'll be insured for it.