• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

dermo

International Vice-Captain
yeah with i didnt mind seeing that disallowed but tbf if it was the tigers i wouldve been going nuts, as long as they are consistent and continue to rule it like that

also after 44 minutes of that game there had been 11 penalties, thats 1 every 4 minutes, the better team won on the night but still thats just ****ed and it kills the contest especially the first 30 minutes where the refs try to stamp their authority

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ASADA is very under resourced. I suspect they have a very good idea what was going on but simply don't have the investigative powers or resources to prove it fully.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
anyone else reckon dragging blokes over the sideline is getting a bit ridiculous?
Yeah that's was weird. Wasn't quite Tallis on Hodgson but wasn't that far off either.

Changed your opinion on Lord Soward, Earl of Penrith yet?

howardj

International Coach
And give the WC to England .........

Anyway, what a joke!

Players are either guilty or they're not

If the former, then it's 2 years not 3 weeks

Australia now has no right to point the finger at anybody else as we are officially the biggest hypocrites on the planet where drugs in sport are concerned
I think all countries though are like that to an extent - you never want to believe it's one of yours e.g. Michelle Smith in Atlanta in 1996 etc.

There are many points to fall out of this including:

- Three matches does seem a little on the low side. However, it's all in accordance with the legislation which apparently allows for backdated bans where there has been unreasonable and considerable delay in the investigation. ASADA was investigating what was effectively a regime at two different clubs, as distinct from a single offence by a single athlete. The ASADA chief yesterday made the point that no equivalent regulatory body in the world would have been adequately resourced for the scale of what they had to examine.

- You are likely to get more favourable treatment if it’s a group infraction, the sport is high profile, and your governing body is going into bat for you by trying to limit the damage to their sport. If a no-name badminton player had been injected, would they have got the same penalty?

- Disagree with Wayne Bennett that the players were total victims. It’s not normal to get multiple injections (as distinct from drinking sports drinks or popping vitamins). As professional athletes whose livelihoods can be taken away if the wrong this goes into your body, they should have asked more questions or, like David Zaharakis from Essendon, refused to participate. It was injections, not just the equivalent of taking vitamins orally.

uvelocity

International Coach
Yeah that's was weird. Wasn't quite Tallis on Hodgson but wasn't that far off either.

Changed your opinion on Lord Soward, Earl of Penrith yet?
its just getting too much for me, being within 10 metres of the sideline shouldnt mean you are going over it.

havent watched enough of penny tbh, but no

Burgey

Jeez that was a gutsy performance from Cronulla last night. Would surely have been the greatest boil over in NRL history if they'd jagged that win.

nevermind

U19 Debutant
Yep, as a Cows fan I barely have any fingers left, let alone nails. Prob don't deserve the 2 points, but will take it.

Meanwhile the last round is set up for some big games, so many possible scenarios for the top 8 spots.

Burgey

The dream of a fifth Blue and Gold premiership remains alive after the Melbourne result last night. Was mighty worries when Smith went off the park for a while, but once the game's premier dummy half and referee got back on the field, the Storm did enough.

uvelocity

International Coach
amazing after one of the most dramatically putrid finishes to a season ive had the misfortune to witness, tigers only miss by 2 wins

Burgey

Holy ****, Penrith just keep turning up. Doesn't seem to matter how down on troops they are, they just don't go away. Been a fantastic season from them. I'll be hoping they kick on and win it from here.

As for Parra, what a disgraceful end to an otherwise decent season. Back to back losses to the Blights and the Faders when even one win would have been enough. Disappointing tstl, but hopefully they can build on it for 2015.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
burgey the eels have a good thing in tepai moeroa*, will be an absolute star along with a few other young ones like pauli pauli etc

if you can get watmough over the off season and peats is back healthy next year will be a good year for parra

*GPS educated so its expected

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Holy ****, Penrith just keep turning up. Doesn't seem to matter how down on troops they are, they just don't go away. Been a fantastic season from them. I'll be hoping they kick on and win it from here.
Yeah it's been one of the most satisfying seasons I can remember, probably second behind 2003. I was happy at this point in 2010, but we had a decent run with injuries that year (though we got screwed in the finals), and I think the comp is significantly stronger this year than it was back then. Love the makeup of the team too, some young guns, old heads, underrated toilers, a touch of class and a great attitude.

I think if we can pull something out of the bag against the Roosters we're a real shot, but if we lose I'm not sure if we have the petrol to win 3 in a row. No matter what happens from here this season has been a massive success.

Burgey

burgey the eels have a good thing in tepai moeroa*, will be an absolute star along with a few other young ones like pauli pauli etc

if you can get watmough over the off season and peats is back healthy next year will be a good year for parra

*GPS educated so its expected
Did he do 12 Unit Rugby at Joey's?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Anyone who likes Jamie Soward has obviously never met him, complete tool.

Maloney though, wow. How do you miss that field goal? Game was over if he kicks it. Never been so mad about a missed field goal haha.