• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So weird they're not trying to bowl full deliveries at least 4-5 times an over, are they scared they might get driven down the ground for 4?

Flem274*

123/5
Holy **** this is a lawn.
Hobart vs NZ. Couldn't tell the deck from the sward.
Proof of what a quality opener Warner is.
Yeah this was my first thought too, along with the infamous Indian tour of New Zealand 2002-03.
Nah, the Bond youtube footage clearly exposes the history revision from the Indian media and Ganguly's tears. They were green at the start of the tests, but not this bad and got kinder.

Last edited:

Burgey

Don't think here's too much wrong with the field tbh. 'I'd have a short leg but I wouldn't necessarily have a gully. The way they're playing I don't know that an edge will fly to gully - it's all defensive and soft hands so a nick is likely to be finer, and if a bloke wants to try and glide throug gully on this deck then I'd leave it vacant and let him try as well.

The runs aren't killing them. What's the benefit in a bloke stopping a ball on the bounce in the gully? Means nowt.
Edit: fmd Gavaskar is worried about runs going to third man. It's not 1/180.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Broad has been awful, really. If ever there's a time where you just need to do your off-stump metronome thing, it is now. Either he's thick or he's lost his radar, or most likely both.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Surprised Cook hasn't spelled Broad for wasting the new nut & tried someone else for a few.
It's all autopilot, isn't it. Bowl these two for an hour and a bit before even thinking about a change. And I'm not sure that he has the necessary spine to take Broad off early.

Flem274*

123/5
On this sort of pitch it's almost impossible to bowl too full unless you're taking the piss. Get it up there, let them drive if they want.

Neil Pickup

Complete arse from England so far this morning.

Wonder how many deliveries would actually have hit the stumps?

I fear that Kumar, shorter, fuller and skiddier, will do exactly what we haven't and rip through us. Fortunately Broad has gone off the field so if we are lucky Plunkett or Stokes might locate a functional radar.

Burgey

Benefit of a short leg is the bowlers know they're a chance of a wicket if they bowl straighter. They're bowling a stump and a half too wide.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Holy **** this is a lawn.

Proof of what a quality opener Warner is.

Nah, the Bond youtube footage clearly exposes the history revision from the Indian media and Ganguly's tears. They were green at the start of the tests, but not this bad and got kinder.
Probably true for Wellington, but not for Hamilton - that was an awful awful pitch (the first of several).

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
You can only conclude that some of the team are as keen to see a new captain as the rest of us are. Shocking waste of the new ball, and Prior dropping yet another in the first hour. If England don't grab a couple in the next hour, India will be in a more than handy position.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Complete arse from England so far this morning.

Wonder how many deliveries would actually have hit the stumps?

I fear that Kumar, shorter, fuller and skiddier, will do exactly what we haven't and rip through us. Fortunately Broad has gone off the field so if we are lucky Plunkett or Stokes might locate a functional radar.
Isn't it great that we're talking like this about guys who bowl for a living.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anderson's bowling average level with Broad's again.

Most of the guys in County Cricket would have done a better job than opening bowlers today. Seem to have forgotten you always bowl to the conditions and the situation.